- Exxon to produce metallocene LLDPE in France and the Netherlands. Roberts, Michael // Chemical Week;10/11/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 13, p22
Reports on Exxon Chemical's plan to produce commodity-grade metallocene-based linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE)at a Unipol gas-phase unit in France. Company's setting up of a joint venture with DSM to produce and market specialty-grades of LLDPE called plastomers in the Netherlands;...
- ExxonMobil banks on metallocene LLDPE. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;9/4/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p9
Focuses on the ExxonMobil Chemical Co.'s outlook for the metallocene-based linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) market beyond 2000. Factors expected to drive market growth; Production plans of the company; Effect of metallocene LLDPE on the heavy-duty sack market; Reason for the slowdown in...
- Exxon and DSM Christen Dex-Plastomers. // Chemical Week;5/15/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 19, p6
Reports that Dex Plastomers will be the name of the venture in metallocene-based linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) between Exxon Chemical Corp. and DSM Corp.
- Eastman's new PE targets metallocene resins. Westervelt, Robert; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;6/25/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p13
Details on the Eastman Chemical's two families of linear low-density polyethylene PE (LLDPE) which is targeting at high-performance film applications. Remarks of R. Wiley Bourne, Eastman vice-chairman, on the composition and application of LLDPE; How the product will compete with the...
- Dow plans European retrofit, U.S. unit up. Roberts, Michael; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;2/8/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the plan of Dow Chemical Co. to establish Europe's first metallocene-based polyolefin plant. Views of Bob Sylvest, manager for technology commercialization of Dow Europe on the planned construction of the chemical plant; Studies conducted by the company regarding the retrofitting of...
- Exxon explains metallocenes in extrusion. // Plastics News;7/22/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the Film Machinery Manufacturers Symposium sponsored by Exxon Chemicals Co. featuring the mechanics of metallocene catalyst resins. Attendance; Characteristics of metallocene-based LLDPE; Preferred screws for metallocene polyethylene extrusion; Environmental conditions.
- Industry veteran seeks Pinnacle of stretch film. Bregar, Bill // Plastics News;2/7/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 51, p1
Reports on film veteran Bill Rice's establishment of Pinnacle Films Inc., producer of seven-layer cast film with metallocene-based, linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) for strength. Advantages of metallocene over standard LLDPE; Total amount invested on equipment which includes the machine,...
- DuPont Dow debuts metallocene EPDM. Rotman, David // Chemical Week;5/14/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 19, p15
Introduces the initial line of metallocene-based ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) products by DuPont Dow Elastomers company. How the products are the first metallocene-based EPDM to reach the market; Projected annual sales of the products; Advantages of the metallocene-based EPDM.
- Union Carbide unveils metallocene PE technology. // Plastics Technology;Dec95, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p74
Reports that Union Carbide Corp. (UCC) of Danbury, Connecticut has developed single-site metallocene catalyst systems for its gas-phase Unipol polyethylene process. UCC's plan; Initial target for the metallocene-based LLDPE.
- LLDPE import dearth continues to affect pricing in Europe. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/8/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 19, p14
The article discusses the impact of reduced volume of imported linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE) into Europe to LLDPE C4 prices, and mentions topics that include the importation of butene-based or C4 LLDPE, trading of LLDPE spot C4 prices, and LLDPE market predictions.