- Chemical Profile. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/22/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 15, p31
Presents an update on the purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and dimethyl terephthalate (DMT) industry as of October 22, 2001. Demand for PTA and DMT; Growth; Prices.
- Bombay Dyeing plans PTA, paraxylene projects. // Colourage;Oct95, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p77
Reports that Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing Co. Ltd. is planning to set up a new project at Kamataka, India, for PTA and paraxylene. Expanded capacity of DMT; Self-reliance in inputs for its textile division.
- Bombay Dyeing move to produce PTA from DMT. // Chemical Business;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p71
Reports on Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing Co.'s start of an exercise to explore the possibilities of producing purified terephthalic acid (PTA) from di-methyl terephthalate (DMT) jointly with Glitch India. Details of the project; Capacity of the company's plant in Maharashtra, India.
- PTA, DMT majors announce massive price cut. // Colourage;Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p73
Announces the price reduction of PTA and DMT textile raw materials in India. Pricing policies of Reliance, Bombay Dyeing and BRPL.
- IPCL revives acrylonitrile plan. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 433, p18
Reports on the revival of the acrylonitrile plant construction plan of Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Ltd. (IPCL) in Dahej, Gujarat, India in 2004. Effort of the company to pursue the project; Background on the acrylonitrile project; List of abandoned projects of IPCL in 2000.
- IPCL-Vinmar PMMA project moves ahead. Singh, Baldave // Chemical Week;4/16/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 15, p22
Presents information on Indian Petrochemicals Corporation's (IPCL) strategic alliance with Vinmar trading group in polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) and acetylene production. Plans involve on the joint venture; Impact of the PMMA plant to IPCL; Role of Vinmar in the project; How IPCL has agreed to...
- Government May Merge IOC and IPCL; IOC Plans Big Aromatics Project. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p16
Reports the plans of the Indian government to merge Indian Oil Corp. (IOC) and Indian Petrochemicals Corp. Ltd. (IPCL). Background on IPCL; Information on the aromatics and terephthalic acid plant project of IOC.
- DMT and PTA prices fall. // Colourage;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p72
Reports on the drop in the price of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and dimethyl terephthalate in India. Effect of the price cuts on polyester manufacturers; Drop in international prices; PTA and DMT as alternative raw materials in the manufacture of polyester.
- Bombay Dyeing joins the PTA bandwagon. // Chemical Week;9/27/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 11, p24
Reports on Indian petrochemicals and textile company Bombay Dyeing and Manufacturing's start of work on a purified terephthalic acid (PTA) plant in 1995. Company as India's largest producer of dimethyl terephthalate (DMT); Cost of the PTA plant.
- Mills seek import duty cut on PSF/DMT/PTA. // Colourage;Jul95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p81
Reports on the need for government to reduce the prices of intermediate inputs used in the manufacture of polyester staple fiber (PSF) like DMT, PTA and MEG. Reduction of import duties on polyester staple fiber and DMT/PTA/MEG; Reduction in prices of PSF by local manufacturers as insufficient...