- Pass the phone. Groeber, Janet // Display & Design Ideas;Apr/May2013, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p102
The article previews the Passbook application from Apple.
- Passbooks Retain Small But Loyal Following. KUEHNER-HEBERT, KATIE // American Banker;9/10/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 173, p14A
Reports on the preference of customers for passbook accounts in banks in the U.S. Shift of the customers of Dime Bancorp of New York to other banks offering passbook accounts; Popularity of passbooks with old customers; Banks offering passbook accounts; Expenses related to maintenance of passbooks.
- Savings relic survives despite industry's shift into technology. Stimson, Sonya // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p34
Focuses on the strategies of some banks to continue using the passbook savings account in spite of the industry's shift into technology. Nostalgia and sentiment involved in maintaining a passbook; Phase of passbook savings accounts by the three largest banks of Louisiana; Passbook savings...
- Can Designer Covers Turn Passbooks Into Best-Sellers? Reosti, John // American Banker;3/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 42, p6
Reports that Jericho, New York-based company Roslyn Bancorp Inc. has offered designer passbooks to its customers. Number of cover images available for passbooks; Percentage of accounts increased during the first two weeks after the introduction of the passbooks; Impact of the move on...
- Roslyn Savings Gives the Passbook a Facelift. Armstrong, Liz // Community Banker;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p58
Reports on the launch of a revitalized passbook series, complete with a choice of designer covers, by New York-based Roslyn Savings Bank, in 2003. Significance of passbooks to the operation of the bank according to Roslyn executive Dan Murphy; Role of customers in the passbook revitalization...
- A.B.A.-NABAC Joint Committee Plans Booklet on No-Passbook Savings. // Banking;Jun65, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p93
Provides information on the no-passbook savings booklet of the joint committee of the American Bankers Association and NABAC. Details of the no-passbook savings.
- Roslyn Claims Gains from Wamu Runoff. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;6/19/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 117, p1
Focuses on the shift of customers of Dime Bancorp, bought by Seattle-based Washington Mutual Inc., to Roslyn Savings Bank due to loyalty of the customer to passbook savings accounts. Alteration in the former passbook of Dime; Problems faced by customers at the Dime branches; Design of the passbook.
- Vapiano integriert Apples Passbook. Flier, Silvia // Lebensmittel Zeitung;1/18/2013, Issue 3, p39
The article discusses restaurant chain Vapiano linking their iPhone application with the Passbook application by Apple Inc. Passbook is a digital organizer for coupons, tickets, and other personal documents, and Vapiano hopes to facilitate the management of personal data and coupons of clients....
- Florida's Republic offers 4.3% passbook account. Rhoads, Christopher // American Banker;9/28/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 187, p7
Reports on Republic Bank of Clearwater, Florida's offered passbook savings account in an effort to liven up business. Affluent retirees as account's target; Requirements of the account; Features of the 1994 passbook.
- First Chicago polishes metals program. // ABA Banking Journal;Nov80, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p35
Focuses on gold passbooks offered by the First National Bank of Chicago in Illinois. Sale of silver and gold accounts; Advantages of acquiring gold passbooks; Bank value of gold and silver.