- Why change what works? DuPrie, H. // PC World;Sep89, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p280
Opinion. Argues for continuing to use ARC as the file-compression utility for electronic bulletin boards, over the compression program ZIP.
- Compression puts images on a diet. Dipert, Brian // EDN;06/18/98, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p71
Focuses on the advantages associated with the use of compression techniques during the manufacture of electronic devices, impact of the compression technique on storage density. Information on embedded systems; Identification of compression techniques; Description of two compression techniques....
- MPEG coding systems. Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Aug99, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p78
Explores the Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG) digital compression system. Discussion on the use of the compression system; Application of packetization in MPEG; Details on the electronic components of MPEG.
- Compression latch squeezes into small spaces. // Machine Design;09/24/98, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p62
Provides information on the shortened shaft Vise Action compression latch used in the electronics industry. Features of the compression latch; Uniqueness and applications; How it works.
- TOOL TIME. // Street Machine;Jan2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p15
Provides information on several engine compression testing tools. Importance of compression testing to an engine; Use of a gauge for testing electronic fuel injection fuel systems.
- COMPRESSION IGNITION ENGINE. // Car India;Aug2014, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p36
The article offers information on the compression ignition (CI) engines, which use high compression to ignite the fuel at electronically-regulated pre-determined intervals.
- Variable Compression: Small Engine, Big Power. Scott, David // Ward's Auto World;Apr2000, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p48
Looks at the variable compression automobile engine technology developed by Saab Automobile AB. Compression ratio of the engine; Design of the engine; Electronic system used to control stepless compression ratio changes.
- No more post compromises. Nuttall, James // TVB Europe;Feb98, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the issue of compression as an important aspect of online nonlinear video editing. Drawbacks of existing uncompressed nonlinear systems; Argument for compression; Cost-effective practical choice; Compression's requirement for two sets of electronics to compress and decompress;...
- Compressed air tutorials available. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Jun2006, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p10
The article reports that Compressed Air and Gas Institute offers Introduction to Compressed Air Systems electronic-learning courseware on its SmartSite. It teaches the importance of compressed air systems and maximizing air efficiency. Its seven modules focuses on compressed air basics,...
- Stacker, Helix combo frees memory. Goodman, John M. // InfoWorld;12/26/94 - 1/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 52/1, p99
Reviews Stac Electronics Inc.'s Multimedia Stacker disk compression with memory utility.