- Innovation with cells. // T & P: Tooling & Production;Sep2005, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p46
Focuses on machining methods and processes for the rapid processing for 8- and 10-cylinder engines. Approaches to machining production parts; Accuracy and changeover flexibility considerations in the machine-tools manufacturing; Industrial equipment and machinery for tools production.
- The changeover game. Poulsen, Vicky // Aftermarket Business;Apr2002, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p78
Reports on automobile parts stores that undergone changeovers to obtain marketing edge. Pitfalls in changeovers; Steps for a successful changeover; Reasons the store owners make a product changeover; Evolution of changeover process in the automotive aftermarket.
- The Practically Dedicated Flexible Cell. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;Oct98, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p86
Discusses the changeover frequency at machining centers of LucasVarity in Fowlerville, Michigan. Machining process; Changes in its machining operation; Benefits from the changeover frequency.
- Comoli SH8 stretching machine for POY. // Indian Textile Journal;Aug2004, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p57
The article features the SH8 draw-winder machine from Comoli Fermo Srl. The machine is capable of 2500 meters per minute drawing speed. The SH4 draw-winding or stretching machine has been developed mainly to find easy and economic solution to the stretching process of filaments in polyamide,...
- Grinding & Finishing. // Production Technology News;May2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
The article introduces several products in the manufacturing industry as of May 2006. The Studer $31 is a high-performance universal cylindrical grinder that features modular design for quick setup and changeover, state-of-the-art digital control and drive systems and user-friendly step-by-step...
- A Platform For Flexibility. Zelinski, Peter // Modern Machine Shop;May2002, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p68
Focuses on the manufacturing process implemented by Muller Martini for fast and error-free changeover in manufacturing machines for book binding and book stitching. Technologies used by the company; Efficiency of the process; Details on the use of a silo in the production process.
- ANALYSIS OF VARIABLE CHANGEOVER TIMES IMPACT ON THE REVENUE IN MANUFACTURING PROCESS. Jardzioch, A.; Skobiej, B. // Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p114
This paper presents a comparison of two manufacturing models performing prototype and small batch production. The first model considers variable changeover times which depend on a current tooling code of a machine and a tooling code required by a job. In the second model, changeover times are...
- Flexible solutions keep costs down. // Converter;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses the flexible solutions demanded by converters that allow faster changeover of raw materials according to ReifenhÃ¤user Extrusion. It says that ReifenhÃ¤user is recording a great increase in incoming orders for thermoforming sheet extrusion lines, which are designed for...
- Miniature Tooling System Big on Swiss Turning. // Production Machining;Jan2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p26
The article discusses the significance of Exsys Eppinger Deco-flex modular tooling system to work effectively in the small spaces of a Swiss-type machine. It mentions that the tooling system incorporated a tooling interface designed for the tight spaces within Swiss-type machines, which allows...
- Company saves on CNC milling with switch to modular tooling. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p128
Discusses BHI Inteq's use of modular tooling for combined turning and milling on one machine. Tooling up of the company's mill turning machines with Coromant Capto from Sandvik; Benefits of the technology for job changeovers.