- Shipping is steering out of the doldrums. // Evening Standard;2/25/2014, p37
Anthony Hilton spies new opportunity on freight horizon Page 38
- HORIZON MANAGEMENT: FILLING EMPTY STORE LOCATIONS. // Convenience Store News;9/5/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 12, Special section p6
The article focuses on the business opportunities offered by abandoned retail locations in Ohio to the Horizon Management. As reported, Horizon recently opened a Save-A-Lot store in an empty retail location in McDonald, Ohio, a town without a grocery store. It states that Horizon has two new...
- playwrights' OPPORTUNITIES. // Theatre Bay Area;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p61
The article offers information on job opportunities for playwrights in the San Francisco Bay Area which include the Ashland New Plays Festival, Actors' Playhouse and Horizon Theatre.
- Making the case for entering a developing healthcare market. Marrocco, Ron // Journal of Medical Marketing;Apr2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p137
This paper discusses the challenges and opportunities facing medical technology executives as they explore new horizons for their medical innovations. It has practical tips on approaching new emerging healthcare markets as well as some of the struggles that manufacturers face in their efforts to...
- Future optical and infrared telescopes. Angel, Roger // Nature;1/18/2001, Vol. 409 Issue 6818, p427
Discusses advances being made in the science of developing various telescopes. How new regions of the electromagnetic spectrum have expanded the horizons of astronomers; Question of how to maximize the opportunity for new discoveries in the universe; Development of optical and infrared telescopes.
- Preparing a business for take-off. Bird, Wendy // Northern Ontario Business;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p19
Reports that new opportunities are on the horizon for an airport in Thunder Bay. Comments from John Walker, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the Thunder Bay International Airport Authority Incorporated; How the developments of the airport will benefit Thunder Bay.
- Horizon's bold plans cut premiums and deductibles. FITZGERALD, BETH // njbiz;6/16/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p1
The article discusses the plans of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey that cut premiums 15% and waive deductibles when members use their network of patient-centered doctors. Topics discussed include the opportunity offered by Horizon for small employers to provide an innovative,...
- A Newsvendor Model with Initial Inventory and Two Salvage Opportunities. CHEAITOU, Ali; VAN DELFT, Christian; JEMAI, Zied; DALLERY, Yves // Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics & Informatics;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p28
In this paper, we develop an extension of the newsvendor model with initial inventory. In addition to the usual quantity ordered at the beginning of the horizon and the usual quantity salvaged at the end of the horizon, we introduce a new decision variable: a salvage opportunity at the beginning...
- Investec to launch Horizon Markets Fund. Theunissen, Garth // Finweek;10/4/2012, p24
The article offers the insights of Cape Town market portfolio manager Kemal Ahmed regarding the plan of Investec Asset Management to launch a new fund for Horizon Markets. Ahmed states that the fund will comprise of 40 Horizon Markets, including Egypt, Poland and Indonesia, and will be marketed...
- INSIDE. // Daily Mail;9/28/2013, p80
McIlroy sees a new Horizon