- New energy storage plant plays it cool. // Environmental Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p7
The article announces the impending opening by Highview Power Storage of its cryogenic energy storage plant in Slough, England in September 2011.
- hypobaric storage:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p52
A definition of the gardening term "hypobaric storage" is presented. It refers to the storage of plant material under reduced atmospheric pressure.
- All about potatoes. Kirton, Meredith // BBC Australian Good Food;Sep2011, p46
The article presents information related to planting, growing and storage of potatoes.
- bulb:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p67
An encyclopedia entry for bulb is presented, which refers to an underground storage organ of a plant.
- Bare-root basics. Hegwood, Austin // American Nurseryman;11/15/95, Vol. 182 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on the storage of bare-root plants. Factors considered in the creation of a storage environment; Regulation of humidity; Control of storage molds; Effect of plant dormancy on plant storage and viability. INSET: Forcing and sweating bare-root stock..
- Growing GRAINS. Vivian, John // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul99, Issue 174, p50
Details on planting cereal grains. Requirements for planting; Harvest yield; Ground preparation, care and rotation; Varieties; Threshing; Grain storage.
- Versatile, zingy, carefree horseradish. Cleary, Dennis J. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the horseradish plant. Description; Comparison with other root crops; Planting techniques; Storage and preservation.
- Basil -- Herb of Kings. // Positive Health;Oct2003, Issue 93, p8
Provides information on the medicinal herb basil. Award presentation acknowledging the usefulness of the plant; Uses of the plant by various cultures; Storage tip.
- Research matters... transporting Phalaenopsis. Cockshull, Ken // Horticulture Week;7/2/2010, p42
The article reports on the experiment regarding phalaenopsis plants, which shows that a 21 days storage would lead to a normal growth of a plant.
- Germany: going for Goldisthal. // Power Economics;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p6
Reports that Swedish firm Vattenfall AB's pumped storage plant has started operations. Power capacity of the plant; Expected annual return that will be provided by the plant.