- Short Path Distillation - The Unique Distillation Strategy. Dhara, B. Parmar; Jilesh, M. Pandya // International Journal of Applied Engineering Research;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 13, p2317
Short path distillation is a distillation technique that involves the distillate travelling a short distance, often only a few centimeters operating at reduced pressure. Short path distillation (SPD), being a very high vacuum distillation, operates at pressure as low as 10-6 bar. It provides the...
- Distillation Makes Water Purification Easy. Karet, Gail // R&D Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p53
Proposes distillation for the production of pure laboratory water. Differences between distillation and other methods; Path followed by the water to be distilled; Other distillation methods for producing various grades of distilled water.
- Jorhat laboratory to develop wax from crude oil residue. // Chemical Business;Dec95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p58
Reports on a contract won by the Regional Research Laboratory in Jorhat, India to develop high-quality microcrystalline wax. Use of the short-path distillation technology from crude oil residue; Construction of a plant in Digboi; Selection of the Assam Oil Division at Digboi; Areas of process...
- Kinetics of Binary Distillation in Falling Film Columns. Kvashnin, S. Ya.; Baklachyan, R. A.; Lotkhov, V. A.; Kulov, N. N.; Malyusov, V. A. // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering;May/Jun2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p244
Experimental results on mass-transfer coefficients for adiabatic distillation, evaporation of pure liquids, and desorption of oxygen from water are reported. A procedure has been designed for calculating the kinetics of binary distillation including the superimposed effects of surface tension,...
- Illicit Distilling and Smuggling. Lang, John; Lang, Jean // Stories of the Border Marches;1/1/1916, p107
Presents the short story "Illicit Distilling and Smuggling," by John Lang and Jean Lang.
- Registered post. Duffin, Christian // Nursing Standard;9/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
The professional work of nurses and doctors is subject to a rigorous statutory regime of scrutiny. A pilot scheme in Scotland will shortly test out a new register for healthcare support workers.
- Short Sale Reform Plan on Hold. // Traders Magazine;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 234, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has delayed the short sales reform pilot plan until May 2, 2005. The regulators took the step after they heard complaints from officials of several market centers. The one-year pilot requires market centers to mark short sale...
- General behavior of distillation paths in columns with differential change in the composition. Serafimov, L.; Timoshenko, A. // Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering;Mar2006, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p133
The general behavior of the paths of distillation of multicomponent mixtures in sections of a complex continuous column is analyzed.
- Pilot of the Year to Pilot of the Day. PAINTER, PAMELA // AGNI;2000, Issue 52, p189
The short story "Pilot of the Year to Pilot of the Day," by Pamela Painter is presented.
- Oxidative Stabilities of Enzymatically Interesterified Fats Containing Conjugated Linoleic Acid. Adhikari, Prakash; Hu, Peng; Yafei, Zhang // Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS);Nov2012, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p1961
Interesterified fat was produced from soybean oil (SBO) and palm stearin (PS) using two different weight ratios of substrates. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA; 10 wt% on the weight of SBO and PS) was used as a functional fatty acid. Interesterification and acidolysis was simultaneously carried out...