- NCL replaces sunken ship for Hawaii trips. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/26/2004, Issue 2598, p6
Reports that the Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of Aloha will take over the Hawaiian sailings for the firm after the Pride of America sank in a shipyard.
- Toyo Ink in Malaysia. // Chemical Week;11/20/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 45, p45
Reports on Toyo Ink Manufacturing's plan to set up a firm in Malaysia to produce acrylic resin, polyurethane resin and adhesives for inks and coatings market.
- RTI offering resin buying at 'no risk'. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p40
Resin Technology Inc. is taking the notion of putting your money where your mouth is to a whole new level. The Fort Worth, Texas-based firm, which specializes in economical resin buying is offering guaranteed annual savings of at least $50,000 to the first 10 new accounts it signs up, beginning...
- Goodbye Windy Miller. Birch, Amanda // Building Design;7/2/2004, Issue 1632, p19
Reports that architectural firms Make and Altechnica have teamed up with Cranfield University to design an urban windmill using carbon fiber in England. Efforts of Cranfield University in exploring the use of Coretex, a carbon fiber that is woven together using resins, in the building industry;...
- Resins Roundtable. Challener, Cynthia // JCT CoatingsTech;Feb2005, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p54
Interviews several suppliers in the international coatings resins industry on the evolving market conditions for paint and coating resins in February 2005. Challenges faced by coating resins manufacturers; Discussion of the major growth areas for coatings resins manufacturing firms; Projections...
- Blowin' in the Wind. // Association Management;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p152
Presents an interview with Patricia H. Troy, president and chief executive officer at Next Wave Group LLC. Thoughts on the benefits of sailing in her career as association professional; Factors that led her to take up sailing as a hobby; Lessons learned from sailing.
- Innovate or perish. Goklani, Ashok // Paintindia;Sep2012, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p105
The author comments on the economic challenges facing India. It proposes that for businesses to sail through the difficult economic situation, they should bring innovations that will give them edge over their competitors and bring back profitability into the business. Information is also...
- The adventure of a lifetime. Roche, David // GP: General Practitioner;11/4/2002, p85
Focuses on interest of the author in taking part in the sailing event Global Challenge 2004/2005. Original profession of the author; Description of events in the challenge; Preparations undertaken for participation in the ocean race.
- Sydney Opera House. Fishel, Catharine; Gardner, Bill // LogoLounge 4: 2000 International Identities by Leading Designers;2008, p82
The article discusses the identity design made by Frost Design for the Sydney Opera House. The main challenge for the design firm is to invite people to go inside the structure and not just outside. After studying possible designs that carry the sails from the original logo, designers of Frost...
- Making waves at regatta events. // Learning Disability Today;Jan2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on Sail LD 2010, a British sailing event for people with learning disabilities. The event, which was created by RYA Sailability, a charity which encourages and supports people with disabilities to take up sailing, gives young people with learning disabilities a chance to...