- SITRA package to improve production. // Colourage;Dec97, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p84
Reports that the South India Textile Research Association has been named the nodal agency in South India to implement the technology upgrade scheme aimed at improving powerlooms by the Powerloom Development and Export Promotion Council.
- AEPC urges on modernisation of garment units. // Colourage;May96, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p73
Reports that the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) has urged garment exporters in India to upgrade their units to achieve higher productivity, quality and market acceptance in the international markets. Needed change in marketing strategies; Buyer-seller meets organized by AEPC.
- Texprocil seeks special package to boost exports. // Colourage;Nov2001, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the Cotton Textile Export Promotion Council in India's program designed to reduce interest rate on export credit, higher interest subsidy under the Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme and continuance of duty entitlement pass book scheme to compensate for the increasing transaction costs.
- Exports sweeten India's textile scene. Muthuveeran, Karthik // Indian Textile Journal;Jul2014, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p40
The article discusses the performance of the Indian textiles industry in 2014. Topics mentioned include statistics from the Apparel Export Promotion Council which showed that India overtook Germany and Italy to become to second largest textile exporter in the world, the need for the government...
- Strategy Planning in Export Marketing: The Case of Saudi Arabia. Tuncalp, Secil // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall88, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p69
A better understanding of the market characteristics is essential for exporters wanting to penetrate the lucrative Saudi market. This paper focuses on different aspects of export marketing including market research, segmentation and targeting, and planning of the Four Ps: product, price,...
- China in the international fragmentation of production: Evidence from the ICT industry. Amighini, Alessia // European Journal of Comparative Economics;2005, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p203
This paper investigates the position of China in the international fragmentation of production in the ICT industry, the most dynamic and globally dispersed sector in the world economy. The evidence shows that during the 1990s China dramatically increased its market shares in ICT products and now...
- EPCH PROVIDES EMPLOYMENT TO 7 MILLION ARTISANS IN INDIA. // Images Retail;Sep2014, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p102
The article offers information about Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH), a non-profit organization for handicraft manufacturers and exporters in India. Topics covered include the organization's main activities and promotional initiatives, the infrastructure built for member...
- Texprocil welcomes TUF in 12th plan period. // Colourage;Sep2013, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p131
The article informs that Manikam Ramaswami, chairman of the company Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (Texprocil) welcomed the continuation of Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (TUFS) during the 12th Plan period for the development of the textile sector for the financial year 2013-14.
- Textile industry lauds FTP measures. // Man-Made Textiles in India;Jun2013, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p210
The article discusses the optimism of India's textile mills and garment industry regarding the supplementary measures in India's foreign trade policy including the reinstatement of the Technology Upgradation Fund (TUF) benefit for the zero-duty Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) beneficiaries.
- The new look of the PDEXCIL – ready to face the challenges. // Colourage;
Reports that India's Powerloom Development and Export Promotion Council held its annual general meeting in Mumbai, India. Incoming council chairman Senthil Kumar in his speech announced that the powerloom industry will be giving a new thrust to face the global challenges by improving its...