CFTC member's renomination opposed
- Clinton names 2 CFTC members to new terms. // Bond Buyer;09/29/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30240, p37
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's nomination of Commodity Futures Trading Commission members Joseph B. Dial and Barbara Holum to serve three more years on the regulatory board. Career background.
- Gensler: Exemption May Cause Job Shift. // American Banker;6/15/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F323, p9
The article focuses on Commodity Futures Trading Commission chairman Gary Gensler who said large financial firms will move jobs overseas if they are exempted from U.S. Dodd-Frank Act rules on foreign branches and also more transparency is needed in the swaps market.
- CFTC Names New Executive Director. // Energy Daily;8/29/2011, Issue 165, p5
The article announces the appointment of Tony Thompson as executive director of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in August 2011.
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/8/99, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p209
Reports that Thomas J. Erickson has been nominated to be a Commisioner of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- CHAIRMAN LAUDS NEW CFTC-SEC TIES. // Securities Industry News;11/4/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p9
Interviews James Newsome, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) explaining how the negotiation between Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and CFTC strengthened their relationship. His views on determining the success of hybrid products; Effect of Commodity Futures...
- Corcoran to lead new office. Cavaletti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p14
Reports the appointment of Andrea Corcoran as head of the Office of International Affairs of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Job of the international office.
- Friend of First Lady appears to be choice to head... Allen, James C. // American Banker;3/14/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 50, p24
Reports on the possible nomination of Brooksley Born by the Bill Clinton Administration to be chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Effects of Brooksley's friendship with Hillary Rodham Clinton; Details on what the board does; Reservations by Senator Lauch Faircloth.
- Braun's ties to business face a fast-track fallout. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;01/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p11
Opinion. Talks about Senator Carol Moseley-Braun who has built ties to the Chicago business community. Information on Mosely-Braun opposition of President Clinton fast track trade-agreement negotiating authority.
- Carol Moseley Braun: First black woman elected to U.S. Senate. // Jet;11/23/92, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p8
Reports on Carol Moseley Braun's campaign victory, making her the first black woman ever elected to the US Senate. Braun's comments to her supporters at victory celebration; Defeat of Richard Williamson in race for Senate seat from Illinois; Negative campaign tactics Williamson used; How Braun...