Congressman calls on FASB to address criticisms of hedge
- FASB Resumes Work on Improving Hedge Accounting. Whitehouse, Tammy // Compliance Week;Nov2014, Vol. 11 Issue 130, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board has decided to resume its work of improving the hedge accounting model to align it with international rules.
- A closer look at amended hedge accounting rules. Volz, Andrew // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/7/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p25
The author examines the changes in the rules on hedge accounting that are proposed by the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board.
- rewriting the hedging rules. Cunico, Steven // Charter;Oct2010, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p63
The article looks at the developments of hedge accounting in Australia under the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). It presents the criticisms and challenges in the country's hedge accounting system such as risk management. Areas...
- Is FASB Hedging on Hedge Accounting Plans? Whitehouse, Tammy // Compliance Week;Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 87, p37
The article discusses the proposals of the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on hedge accounting. The FASB proposal calls for the reduction of the threshold to qualify for hedge accounting. In this proposal, the FASB intends...
- FASB issues technical bulletin on stock purchase plans. // Business Credit;Feb98, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p60
Focuses on the publishing of a technical bulletin by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). Provisions of the bulletin; Exceptions of the bulletin; Contact information for a copy of the bulletin.
- FASB appoints task force to aid with implementation issues on derivatives. // Business Credit;May98, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the appointment of a task force by the Financial Accounting Standards Boards (FASB) to assist in providing timely guidance on derivative standards. Who will chair the task force; Need for such standards; Benefits of standards to investors.
- FASB votes to issue derivatives standard. // Business Credit;Sep98, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p58
Presents information on a final standard on derivatives and hedging to be issued by the financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). When the standard will be published; When the standards are expected to becomes effective; Comments from Edmund L. Jenkins, chairman of the FASB.
- Seminar on financial instrument. // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p14
Reports a seminar on the key proposals in the Accounting Standards Board's reexposure draft on financial instruments. Contact information.
- Accounting Standards Board. // CA Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 127 Issue 7, Dialogue p3
Reports on the various work undertaken by the Accounting Standards Board. Call for improved financial disclosures; Approval of a Handbook section on interests in joint ventures.