CFTC's 5-year strategic plan needs corrective vision
- FUTURES PROTOCOL KEY TO AUTOMATION GOAL. Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the recommendations of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for the automation of the futures industry in the U.S. Plan of establishing a working protocol; Composition of the technology advisory committee; Creation of a protocol subcommittee.
- CFTC seeks comment on U.S. exchanges' petition for exemptive relief. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;08/30/99, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p7
Focuses on the decision of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) to seek public comment on a petition of futures exchanges in the country to implement additional relief programs. Need by domestic futures markets to compete with foreign operators; Exchanges making the...
- Futures industry slowly evolves. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov95, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
Reports on developments related to futures trading in the United States. Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) ruling on exempt market for professional traders; Gap between exchange and over-the-counter (OTC) markets; Industry observers' comments.
- CFTC implements new transparency efforts to promote market integrity. // National Petroleum News;Oct2009, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the developments of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) including the implementation of the new transparency efforts, the disaggregation of data on its Commitments of Traders (COT) reports and the additional publication of such data for its contract markets .
- Quid pro quo seen in futures dereg. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;03/31/97, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the plans for deregulation of the futures industry in the United States, outlining the impact that this will have on the Commodity Exchange Act and the powers of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). Examination of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBT), who dominated the...
- Equal Opportunity. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;6/16/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p1
This article reports that the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) will treat U.S. and foreign futures exchanges on equal footing and allow foreigners to fully own a U.S. market with effect from June 2003. Since it oversees primary markets, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission...
- Raising the Governance in Futures Markets. // Securities Industry News;2/12/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
An excerpt from the 79-page guideline from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) for governance of futures exchanges is presented.
- Dial's nomination questioned. Cavalleti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec97, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p22
Reports that the nomination of Joseph Dial as commissioner of US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) was being opposed. Criticism on Dial's move against approving the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) grain delivery proposal; Opposition of the CBOT against Dial.
- Commodity regulators reject urgings for more swaps rules. Cummins, Claudia // American Banker;10/27/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 206, p2
Announces the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) release of a report on the derivatives market. Restructuring of product regulations; Report's mandate by Congress; CFTC's estimate of the notional value of currency and interest rate swaps at the end of 1992; Proposal for the creation...
- CFTC broker-associations study recommends greater disclosure. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p34
Reports on the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission's study on the effects of broker associations on trading at futures exchanges. Recommendations for increase public disclosure and internal surveillance in trading; Purpose of the associations formed by brokers; Number of broker association...