Denver council mulls late-hour arena deal
- Arena-sale woes could crush Liberty deal. Farrell // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p54
Reveals factors which could jeopardize Liberty Media Group's deal to purchase pay-per-view service provider Ascent Entertainment Group Inc. Problems surrounding the proposed sale of the Pepsi Center sports arena to a Denver, Colorado-based billionaire; Details of the acquisition deal between...
- Ascent Entertainment on the rise. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;08/18/97, Vol. 127 Issue 34, p10
Focuses on the activities and acquisitions made by Ascent Entertainment Group as of August 1997. Features of the company's contract with Denver, Colorado for the Pepsi Center sports complex; Seven-year carriage contract with Liberty/Fox Sports; Stock performance by the company.
- Its Duo Deals Dead, Ascent Should Secure New Bidders. Pratt, Ben // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p1
Focuses on the intermittent negotiation for the acquisition of Ascent Entertainment Group Inc. Companies interested to buy Ascent's media assets; Amount of bids.
- Ascent Entertainment asset play. Ozanian, Michael K. // Financial World;9/1/97, Vol. 166 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on Ascent Entertainment Group, a conglomerate in crisis after its spun off from Comsat in June 1997. Total losses of the company from 1995-1996; Reasons for the big losses; Efforts of the company to generate revenues; Business ventures and team ownerships of the group; Details in money...
- Denver and sports teams owner racing to beat clock... Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;10/31/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30264, p63
Reports that Ascent Entertainment, the company that owns two Denver professional sports franchises, needs to strike a deal with the city on building Pepsi Center arena. Information on its credit agreement with NationsBank; Denver's concern over the company; Comments on the deal.
- Ascent Ent. begins offering. // Hollywood Reporter;12/14/95, Vol. 340 Issue 12, p10
Reports that Ascent Entertainment Group Inc. has began its initial public offering. Price per share; Plans for the proceeds; Company's core business.
- Ascent Could Hit Rocky Mountain Low. Leibs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/07/99, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p1
Reports that Ascent Entertainment Group may be forced to reopen the bidding process on the company's sale of major assets. Details on the assets sold by the company; Value of the transaction; Liquidation sought by Snyder Capital Management, a shareholder at Ascent; Criticism on the auction done...
- Liberty, Ascent deal falls through. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/06/99, Vol. 129 Issue 50, p52
Reports on Liberty Media Group's termination of its agreement to acquire Ascent Entertainment Group due to the failure of the hotel pay-per-view company to complete the sale of its sports-related businesses. Deal as contingent on Ascent's disposal of the Denver Nuggets basketball team and the...
- Ascent Entertainment acquires SpectraVision. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/6/96, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Ascent Entertainment Group Inc. and SpectraVision Inc. has approved a transaction in which Ascent would acquire the assets of SpectraVision. Plan of Ascent to combine its On Command Corp. with SpectraVision's assets and certain of its liabilities; Benefits of the merger.