Paine Webber's James Ziglar chides bond counsel at forum
- STRIKEOUT AT INS. Light, Paul C. // Government Executive;Oct2002, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p82
Focuses on the resignation of Immigration and Naturalization and Service commissioner James Ziglar. Criticisms on the presidential appointment process; Reasons behind the resignation of Ziglar; Failures of Ziglar.
- Senate confirms Ziglar as sergeant-at-arms. // Bond Buyer;10/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30502, p36
Focuses on the appointment of PaineWebber Group Inc. managing director James Ziglar as the 35th sergeant-at-arms at the US Senate.
- Obvious and not-so-obvious villians tarnished 2002. O'Reilly, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;1/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p45
Comments on government officials who endangered 2002, a year of terror and recession in the U.S. Impression on FBI Chief Robert Mueller; Views on the traits and performance of Immigration and Naturalization Service Director James Ziglar; Leaders of North Korea and Saudi Arabia.
- Former PaineWebber Director Will Be Taking Charge as Senate Sergeant at Arms. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30495, p4
Reports that James W. Ziglar, the former managing director of Paine Webber Inc. will take post as the US Senate's 35th sergeant at arms. Responsibilities of Ziglar under his new appointment; Career background of the executive; Overview on the political role to be carried out by the Senate...
- Protecting Our Civil Liberties. Ziglar, James W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;8/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 20, p635
Presents the text of a speech given by James W. Ziglar, distinguished visiting professor of law at the George Washington University Law School, on June 14, 2003, which deals with protection of civil liberties.
- IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE COMMISSIONER: James Ziglar. // Government Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p103
Presents an excerpt from the speech of James Ziglar, the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service commissioner, regarding homeland security given on February 1, 2002.
- New York, New York. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;09/14/98, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p6
Presents new briefs on issues relating to business in New York. Plans of Pamela Schein of pharmaceutical family fame, to launch a lifestyle magazine called `Madison'; Indication that FAO Schwarz company and General Motors company have both launch sport utility vehicles; Appointment of James...
- WHAT IS SECURITY'S BOTTOM LINE? Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;2/8/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p437
Presents comments from James W. Ziglar, informal adviser of U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, on the budget of the department for fiscal 2004. Response of Ridge to the comment; Amount of budget requested by Ridge; Views of Office of Management and Budget Director Mitchell E. Daniels...
- Can High Tech Foil Border Fraud? Munro, Neil // National Journal;7/15/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p60
The article focuses on the efforts of the federal government to combat immigration fraud in the U.S. According to critics, the immigration bill passed by the Senate has many citizenship options, categories and exceptions which make cheating possible. The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration...