Legislative status report
- Integrating programs with communities. // Congressional Digest;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p227
Reports on federal housing programs in the United States, with reference to the Housing Opportunity and Responsibility Act. Factors influencing the development of the housing programs; Role of public housing authorities regarding housing assistance; Public reaction to federal housing programs;...
- Michigan Landlord Decision Is Vacated. France, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Jun99, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p35
Reports that Michigan's high court has vacated a decision that the state fair housing law requires Christian landlords to rent to unmarried couples. Decision of the Michigan Supreme Court; Landlords' right to religious liberty under the Michigan Constitution; Comments from attorney Richard...
- Lazio housing bill becomes law. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/08/96, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p22
Reports on the passage into law of the Housing Opportunity Program Extension Act of 1995, sponsored by Representative Rick Lazio. Improvement of lives of federally assisted housing residents; Provisions of the law.
- Housing defects. // Accountancy;Jun84, Vol. 95 Issue 1090, p21
Reveals that under the British Housing Defects Bill owners of defective houses built with prefabricated reinforced concrete will be entitled to reinstatement grants of up to 100%.
- Legislation allows design-build for federal projects. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/08/96, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p19
Reports on the approval of the 1996 Defense Authorization Bill. Law's design-build provisions' impact on federal residential project delivery; Design and Construction Procurement Coalition's support for the provisions.
- Should Congress Approve The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1987? PRO. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul88, Vol. 67 Issue 6/7, p170
Argues for the passage of the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1987. Proponents are Wade J. Henderson, Associate Director of the American Civil Liberties Union; Patricia Horton, former director of the Fair Housing Council of Greater Washington; Avery S. Friedman, former chief counsel of the...
- 1998 federal housing legislation: Reality and potential. Leigh, Wilhelmina A. // Policy & Practice of Public Human Services;Dec99, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p6
Explains the housing legislative provisions of the 1998 Quality Housing & Work Responsibility Act in the United States. Changes and restructuring of housing programs; Reforms in the act to salvage the federal investment in low-rent public housing developments; Eligibility requirements for...
- Delays in new housing rules prompt debate. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;12/13/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p5
The article reports that the state Senate and Assembly of New Jersey are far apart on legislation to abolish the Council of Affordable Housing and permit a greater control of housing while Governor Chris Christie threatens to veto.
- Hammering out affordable housing. Preston, Mark // American City & County;Jun2002, Vol. 117 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on the Housing Affordability for America Act, a bill that would establish a housing production and preservation element within the Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) in the U.S. Provisions of the bill; Support for the bill; Effect of the legislation on local government control...