Dade commisioners to decide on Smith Barney, Howard Gary
- Howard Gary & Co. Seeking to Shift Blame in Miami Case. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/22/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30918, p7
Reports that Howard Gary and Co. is trying to extricate itself from responsibility for the financial problems of the city of Miami, Florida. Lawsuit filed against Miami-Dade County and Dain Rauscher Inc. in June 2000; Howard Gary and Co.'s warning in September 1994 about the city's...
- GRAND JURY INDICTS 12 IN MEDICARE SCAM. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;09/05/97, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p95
Reports on the twelve Dade County residents who have been indicted on charges of bilking Medicare. Views of the US Justice Department on the billing scam; Accusations on employees of Mederi of Dade County.
- County had no notice of nail danger on road. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/3/95, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Johnnie Grier against Dade County in Florida. Claims of negligence due to injuries Grier incurred from getting her shoe caught in on a surveyor's nail on a street in the county; Court ruling that the county is not liable for the injury.
- Church & Tower fights Dade `ban.' // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/27/98, Vol. 240 Issue 17, p16
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Church & Tower Incorporated, a contractor company in Miami, against Dade County. Allegations of the lawsuit; Circumstances which prompted Church & Tower to file the lawsuit; Accusations against Dade County Mayor Alex Penelas; Response of Dade County's attorneys to...
- Church & Tower wins hearing. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/18/98, Vol. 240 Issue 20, p17
Reports on a court ruling issued against Dade County, Florida, denying the county's attempts to prevent Church and Tower Incorporated from bidding on county contracts. Details on the hearing; Reference to lawsuits field by Dade County against Church and Tower; Basis of the judgment delivered by...
- Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p34
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Dade County, Florida against Fiscal Operations Inc. for alleged breach of contract. Alleged revenues spent by the company on unrelated expenses.
- Comp law changed in cardiovascular case. // Occupational Hazards;May94, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p115
Reports on a workers' compensation case filed by Warren Zundell against the Dade County School Board. Background of the case; Implications of ruling.
- Harassment suit. // Crain's New York Business;5/27/96, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p54
Reports that three workers at a Smith Barney office in Garden City, Long Island, New York has filed a federal sexual discrimination lawsuit against the firm.
- Vague diversity plan makes judge reject Smith Barney's discrimination settlement. // Jet;07/13/98, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p40
Reports on the rejection of a settlement between Smith Barney company and a group of women who accused the company of gender-based discrimination, harassment and retaliation against workers. Ruling of the United States District Judge Constance B. Motley; Information on the settlement.