Lower interest rates spark new issuance, raise Muni volume
- Sacramento County Agency to Refund $445M While Using Index-Rate Floaters. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;2/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32572, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Sacramento County Sanitation Districts Financing Authority in California to refund $445 million while using the index-rate floaters. The first $90 million series of revenue bonds carry fixed interest rate, while the entire transaction refunds outstanding...
- Corporate bond market fears drought in 2000. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/31/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p8
Forecasts the corporate investment-grade bond sector for the year 2000. Correlation between higher interest rate with the decline in bond issuance; Total number of bond deals for the month of January 2000; United States Federal reserve Board's projected basis point interest rate increase;...
- Ask the Editor. Davis, Christopher // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Fidelity;Apr2012, Issue Q2, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to bond trading, which includes the impact of rising interest rates on bonds and prospects for high-yield bonds amid economic uncertainties.
- ANNUAL REVIEW: Transportation Takes Off With Low Rates and Airport Issues. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;2/11/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33859, Following p13A
The article informs that according to the U.S. bond market analysts, increment in bond refunding has activated by low interest rates and high airport issuance that has contributed in a huge growth of transportation bond volume in the year 2012.
- Refunding Plunge Crimps Volume; New Money Dipping, Too. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p25
Examines bond refunding and new-money deals in the United States, in the first half of 1999. Comparison with issuance in the same period of 1998; Effects of rising interest rates on bond refunding deals; Bond issuance from various states.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall as Fed's Next Move Remains Unclear. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p36
Discusses the fall of the Bond Buyer yield indexes in week ended June 15, 2000 due to players' disagreement as to what the United States Federal Reserve Board will decide to do about interest rate. Inconsistencies in the economic data; Better performance of municipal cash market; Increase in...
- THE BOND MARKETS. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Nov70, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p12
Provides insights on the bond market in the U.S. as of November 1970. Results of a survey of the interest rate expectations of bond market leaders; Trend in the movement of interest rate; Interest rate expectations for corporate bonds and tax-exempt bonds; Volume of corporate bond issues in...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p39
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of December 29, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; State and local government series rates; Futures market; Reoffering yields.
- Tender-Option Bonds May Lose Popularity From Rate Increases. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31887, p1
Discusses the prospect for tender-option bond programs to lose popularity due to the increase in interest rates in the U.S. Comment from Dan Singer, managing director at Lehman Brothers Inc., regarding the matter; Impact of tender-option bond programs in the municipal bond market; Initiative of...