Facts, figures, & findings
- PC distributors will battle for market share in 1996. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p18
Reports on condition of the microcomputer market from 1994 to 1996. Retail and direct channels' gain in market share in 1994 and 1995; Status of the commercial channels; More consolidation in 1996.
- Blue light special. Snyder, Bill // PC Week;11/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 44, PC Week Inside pA1
Presents statistics on the home computer market in 1993. Falling off of ten players; Apple, IBM and Compaq's targeting of `Kmart shoppers'; Packard Bell's commanding share of the market; Establishing long-lasting relationships with retailers; Analysis of Packard Bell's marketing success.
- IBM pushes PCs out door. Popovich, Ken // eWeek;1/14/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the shipment of personal computers by the International Business Machines Corporation. Release of products due to low sales in the market; Imitation of a less-expensive model of Dell Computer Corporation; Consideration of lay-offs and mergers between computer manufacturers due to...
- PCs to the people. Ogier, Thierry // Latin Trade (English);Oct98, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the marketing of personal computers that are built for the masses by low-cost manufacturers and major retailers in Brazil. Number of Brazil-based United Information Systems-built machines sold by Carrefour over a two-day period; Carrefour's similar deal with FiveStar, a local...
- Getting your second wind. Silverthorne, Sean // PC Week;4/1/96, Vol. 13 Issue 13, pA5
Offers marketing strategies to combat a slowing consumer personal computer (PC) market in the United States. Digital Equipment Corp.'s pullout from the general home computer arena; Segmentation of the market; Hewlett-Packard's development of targeted markets for its product lines; Compaq's...
- PC brands: Where they stack up. Anson, Weston // Brandweek;12/09/96, Vol. 43 Issue 47, p38
Compares the brand values of major computer manufacturers in the United States. International Business Machines; Apple Computer; Compaq Computer; Packard Bell; Gateway.
- Study: PC Demand in Europe High. // Electronic News;05/03/99, Vol. 45 Issue 18, p37
Reports on the market performance of personal computers (PC). Sales in Europe, Middle East and Africa during the first quarter of 1999; Details on Eastern and Central Europe sales; Factors that boosted major European PC markets.
- Calling an app a service doesn't make it useful. Caton, Michael // PC Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p46
Comments on offering application software as a service by computer makers. Insignificance of the software's service designation on productivity; Example in the service offered by BrainMatter.
- What's in a Name? Queree, Anne // Global Finance;Jan2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p13
Explains what an application service provider (ASP) is. Definition of ASP; Feature of an ASP.