The best multimedia and Web authoring resources on the Internet
- WEB APP. Robair, Gino // Electronic Musician;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p37
Features the Web site pulssesonifier.com. Availability of Pulse Sonifier, an integrated authoring program; Use of Macromedia Flash audio engine; Compatibility of the software to Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- E-mentoring for Youth with Special Needs: Preliminary Results. Shpigelman, Carmit-Noa; Reiter, Shunit; Weiss, Patrice L. (Tamar) // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Apr2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p196
Recently, a growing number of electronic mentoring (e-mentoring) Web sites have become available that provide vocational and career support. To date, few researchers have addressed the phenomenon of e-mentoring from a socioemotional perspective for populations with special needs. This paper...
- Professional -- and Personal -- Podcasting. Kuster, Judith Maginnis // ASHA Leader;11/27/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p24
The article reviews several websites that provide resources to people interested in using or creating podcasts, including iTunes, which is available at http://www.iTunes.com, Podscope, which can be found at http://www.podscope.com, and Podcast Alley, which is located at http://www.podcastalley.com.
- A multimedia guide to protective product packaging. Lye, S. W.; Lee, S. G.; Chew, B. H. // International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education;Jul99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p235
Describes a multmedia courseware on protective product packaging that has been developed using the commercial authoring tool, IconAuthor. Features and design of the courseware; Discussion on the choice of authoring tool; Reason for using an interactive multimedia as the medium of delivery.
- 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AUTHORING TOOLS. // Training Media Review;May/Jun2009, p2
The article features the report "10 Things You Should Know about Authoring Tools."
- Engineering Rich Internet Application User Interfaces over Legacy Web Models. Linaje, Marino; Preciado, Juan Carlos; Sánchez-Figueroa, Fernando // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p53
A steadily growing trend in Web applications is the development of user interfaces through rich Internet applications. Among other capabilities, RIAs offer high interactivity and native multimedia support, giving them a major advantage over standard HTML. To update existing HTML Web...
- Pinnacle Systems Impression DVD-Pro. Ozer, Jan // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p59
Reviews the Pinnacle Impression digital video disc and compact-disc authoring software.
- AAF--The 'Super-EDL' Turner, Bob // Broadcast Engineering;May2002, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p54
Discusses the Advanced Authoring Format (AAF), a super edit-decision list (EDL) designed for digital nonlinear post production and authoring. Information provided by an EDL; Components of the AAF solution; Background information on AAF development; Benefits from AAF technology.
- Editorial. Plagemann, Thomas // Multimedia Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p325
The article introduces the topic of the special issue, which considers the canonical process of media production.