Apple's QuickTime 3.0 for Windows and Mac: More than
- Tap idle CPUs on your network. // Seybold Report on Desktop Publishing;2/19/96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p25
Features the PowerTap computer software library designed to manage distributed processes on networks. Use of Apple's System 7 program-linking functions; Capability of using the PowerTap with multiprocessor Macintosh clones.
- Slow and steady for Apple's OS. B.M.S. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p16
Highlights Apple Computer's release of the Rhapsody operating system (OS) for servers. Company's main goal in releasing Rhapsody as an OS.
- Apple struggling to support CommonPoint on Copland. Quinlan, Tom // InfoWorld;11/28/94, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p10
Reports on the problems faced by Apple Computer Inc. in developing its Copland computer operating system. Apple's desire to make the operating system compatible with Taligent Inc.'s CommonPoint software; Features of Copland.
- Apple to Give OS X Jaguar to K-12 Teachers. // Electronic Education Report;11/8/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 21, p6
Reports on Apple Computer's decision to offer copies of its operating system, Mac OS X version 10.2 Jaguar, to K12 teachers in the U.S.
- Mac OS X Hints. Griffiths, Rob // Macworld;Jan2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p84
Presents a guide to using Mac OS X computer operating system from Apple. Tips on hiding an application's windows; Information on the Apple Casual font; Suggestions for faster software updates searching.
- APPLE'S INFORMATION HUB. Breen, Christopher // Macworld;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the introduction of iCal and iSync computer software in Mac OS X from Apple Computer Inc. Features of the iCal; Importance of iCal in the information hub of Apple; Beta version of iSync.
- SCRIPT HAPPENS. Ihnatko, Andy // Macworld;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p132
Comments on the handwriting recognition software in the Mac OS X 10.2 operating system from Apple Computer Inc. Reasons for integrating the software; Failure of other tablet-based computers; Outlook for Apple's future in the tablet market.
- Apple upgrades Net tools. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Sep96, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p33
Offers information on Internet-related products from Apple Computer. Additions to the Cyberdog 1.1 World Wide Web browser; Plans to integrate the final version of the Java runtime player into future versions of the Macintosh operating system (OS); Development of QuickTime Conferencing 1.5.
- New Crop of Apples. Lewis, Peter // Fortune International (Europe);10/14/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 6, p119
Reports on the introduction of the Unix-based Mac OS X version 10.2 operating system from Apple Computer. Improved speed of computer performance; Compatibility with Windows; Cost.