On-the-job development must become a priority
- The art of getting career help. Genova, Jane // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the fundamentals of getting vocational guidance. Evaluation of personal skills; Establishment of rapport with fellow professionals; Comprehension of the importance of power.
- PEOPLE. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p18
Career developments involving housing employees is presented including Robert M. Couch, Deborah De Santis and Carolyn Coleman.
- Advice from accounting: adapt easily to change in 2003. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;1/6/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 31, p16
Focuses on the vitality of change as a critical success factor for professionals. Characteristics necessary for an employee to succeed; Importance of continued learning; Reference to a survey conducted by Account-emps on the views of accounting professionals on career success.
- In today's job market, you must invest yourself. Lee, Billi // San Diego Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p14
Discusses the value of business professionals investing into their own career security amidst increased volatility of job markets. Professional development through constant skills training; Development of entrepreneurial skills; Change in attitudes towards professional development.
- Where will you be in 10 years? // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
Presents the result of an informal survey on professionals concerning their career vision and program. Factors which affect career move strategies; Views concerning the changes in the training field; Topics for training.
- Spring clean your career. Hagevik, Sandra // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1998, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p30
Provides tips for professionals on how to improve careers. Updating of contracts; Creation of a portfolio of samples of work, performance evaluations and letters of appreciation; Getting rid of outdated clothing; Writing of a new training and educational plan; Visits to a career counselor.
- The art of getting career help. Genova, Jane // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p4
Presents career management advice for professionals. Importance of knowing how to get career help; Leveraging in exchange for help; Inventory of skills; Power of reciprocity; Need to understand how power operates.
- Your Future: Open Wide! Rovetch, Lissa // Highlights;Jan2011, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p8
The article offers advice on choosing a career.
- Your professional best. Waldorp, Dawn // Secretary;Apr94, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
Presents tips to improve one's professional image. Important role of image in career success; Improvement of hair style; Focus on make-up and manicure; Wardrobe colors; Clothing style; Tips for accessories and shoes; Total image as a package deal.
- Training and education corner. Raines, John // Armed Forces Comptroller;Fall97, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p31
Presents various information regarding training and career developments. How the author took his own advice regarding professional development; Changes made by the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey on the Graduate Management Admission Test; Training for a redesigned army...