- The search for skilled financial talent. Stamper, Connie // CMA Management;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the challenge of business enterprises regarding the search for skilled financial professional in Canada in 2010. It mentions that employers around the globe are having a difficult time to find the best candidates who meet their qualifications despite worldwide economic...
- Business and Management in the IB. Mulli, James // International Educator;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p32
The article discusses the attempt of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Business and Management (B&M) syllabus to encapsulate all that is learned in the field of B&M into a two-year program of study. It explains the coverage of the syllabus which includes Operations and Management, Marketing,...
- Course Calendar. // New Zealand Management;Jul2015, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p30
A calendar of courses being offered by New Zealand-based Institute of Management New Zealand from July to September 2015 which includes Negotiation Skills, Human Resource Essentials, and Business Communication.
- Coaching in hard times. Nesbit, Dorothy // Training Journal;May2012, p65
The article discusses alternative models to one-on-one executive coaching and how businesses can restructure coaching strategies to maximise their investments. Topics include the effectiveness of team coaching, group coaching, and peer coaching; a list of strategies for developing an effective...
- JOHN E. BURNS REPORTS. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb76, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
Focuses on the factors to consider in calculating executive compensation. Analysis on sales and performance; Amount of chief executive pay; Development of similar compensation data for employees.
- Not all partners are created equal. Rosenberg, Marc L. // CPA Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p46
Discusses essential elements of an effective partner compensation system. Need for a performance-based system; Importance of motivation; Flexibility of a system; Role of marketing; Multi-tier systems. INSETS: Pay me what I'm worth;An exercise in partner pay equality.
- Linking goals to monetary incentives. Locke, Edwin A. // Academy of Management Executive;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p130
The article discusses the complexities of designing an employee incentive plan that works. The author argues that first and foremost, incentive systems must be paired with clear goals. Four methods of goal-based incentive programs are presented, as are their pros and cons. The first method...
- Enhancing Ethical U.S. Education and Practice: Integrity Capacity and HRM Professionalism. Petrick, Joseph A. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Autumn2012, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on recommendations given by author for training and teaching of Human Resources (HR) personnel within four different capitalisms including community, entrepreneurial and investor.
- The Human Resources Research Institute (HRRI) and TD Insurance Meloche Monnex congratulate the 2013 HR Professional of Tomorrow Scholars. // HR Professional;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p15
A list of the 2013 HR Professional of Tomorrow Scholars who were awarded the 500 dollars scholarships on the strength of their academic standing, volunteer work and applications is presented.