Taking care of employees is the route to business health
- M&S to roll out staff wellbeing initiatives. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;6/6/2014, p2
The article offers information on Marks and Spencer's health and wellbeing programme for its employees called, Plan A. It provides information on the retailer's policies and health services offered to the employees including healthy eating, mental health awareness and flexible work timing. The...
- Flying the flag for women's health. Paton, Nic // Occupational Health;Jan2004, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p18
Discusses Marks & Spencer's (M&S) breast-screening program which offers breast screening for their employed and retired staff every two years. Focus of the training which was attended by the Occupational Health (OH) teams of M&S under the Government-sponsored charity Mind Out for Mental Health;...
- Supporting Employee Success When Mental Health Is a Factor. Baynton, Mary Ann // Plans & Trusts;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
The article offers tips in creating a return-to-work plan for the employees who take leave for mental health issues in Canada. It highlights several factors for the health of the employees including shared support, to manage mental health issue of the employees and to maintain work-life balance....
- Mixed fortunes as high street recovers from the seasonal highs and lows. // Frontline Solutions;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the Christmas sales of Marks and Spencer company. Increase on sales; Comment from the Financial Times Lex; Recovery of high street business.
- Call for caution over scrapping of final salary schemes. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p3
Reports the implication of the closing of the final salary pensions schemes upon the expansion of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Development of the occupational pension schemes; Alternative ways of funding the employee contributions.
- M&S opens Home store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct97, Issue 136, p6
Announces that Marks and Spencer has opened a stand-alone home furnishings store in York in August of 1997. Description of the Coppergate store; M&S home furnishings sales.
- M&S yearly profits up 5%. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
The article reports on the 4.6 percent increase in the profit of Marks & Spencer (M&S) for the year ended March 27, 2010.
- Marks & Spencer Shocker: New See-Through Blouses. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/30/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 41, p4
Reports on London, England-based Marks & Spencer's decision to replace its frumpy green and navy staff uniform with cream-colored blouses that were see-through. Complaints from female employees; Company's plan to introduce another blouse in a heavier fabric.
- Executive Overhaul At Marks & Spencer. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 54, p2
Reports on the overhaul of the executive team of British retail company, Marks and Spencer. Resignation of chief executive officer, Peter Salsbury; Responsibilities of executive chairman Luc Vandevelde; Departure of Guy McCracken from the international operations division.