Why `how' is as crucial as `what'
- The Story of Data-and Dialogue-Driven Leadership. Welbourne, Theresa M. // Chief Learning Officer;Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p42
The article discusses the story concerning on the data- and dialogue-driven leadership in the U.S. The author presents the challenge of explaining the meaning and methodology behind the data- and dialogue-driven model of effective leadership. She decided that weaving abstract concept, factual...
- The Changing Role of Leadership. Herman, Roger // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Mar2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p100
Focuses on the changing role of corporate leadership. Dissociation of the word management from leadership; Definition of management; Emergence of a 'nuclear' structure of management; Role of managers; Growing trend in teamworking in people working at similar areas of responsibility or focus;...
- Stop trying to sell change and build a movement. Hart, Graham // New Zealand Management;Nov2014, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p16
The author discusses change management methodologies and offers advice for change leadership in business. Topics include reassessing the need for business reorganisation and restructuring, the human psychological responses to change, and the strategy of enabling employee empowerment toward...
- MAPPING A TRANSFORMATION FROM A TRADITIONAL TO AN ENTREPRENEURIAL ORGANISATION: A SOUTH AFRICAN CASE. Serfontein, Septimus; Basson, Johan S.; Burden, Johann // South African Journal of Human Resource Management;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p49
This study conceptualises the transformation of a company within a corporate environment after facing a crisis precipitated by several internal and external factors. A modernist qualitative research methodology was followed in order to understand transformational change as a phenomenon and to...
- Predicting a safer future. PANDOLA, TOM // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p25
The article focuses on the significance of safe work environment for the workforce and the entire management system. Topics discussed include the attribution of safer work environment to process and leadership, the revision of unsafe organizational/business operations, and the application of...
- Editorial Note. Davies, Brent; Davies, Barbara J. // International Studies in Educational Administration (Commonwealt;2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Brent Davies and Barbara Davies on the nature and dimensions of strategic leadership, one by Scott Eacott on the framework and methodology of strategic leadership, and one by Jeffrey Glanz on the perspective of...
- Why Can't Today's Leaders Lead? // USA Today Magazine;Apr90, Vol. 118 Issue 2539, p6
Discusses some of the problems faced by contemporary leaders. Leaders' selection of juniors who are determined to transform themselves into mirror images; Overspeculation and overspecialization; Development of a conspiracy to undermine real leaders by a bureaucracy committed to the status quo.
- Small-Unit Leadership. Filson, Brent // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p5
Presents guidelines for developing leadership in small-units of business. Transfer of high expectations; Leaders' actions that achieve results; Importance of creativity and commitment.
- Manage for the Short Term. Martin, Chuck // Executive Excellence;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the aspects of management for short-term corporate leadership gap. Principles involved in corporate leadership; Steps in narrowing the gap between executives and managers.