It may be modern, but is it very new?
- Apprenticeships. Crosby, Olivia // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer2002, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p2
Discusses the features and advantages of apprenticeship programs. Criteria and categories of apprenticeable occupations; Considerations in choosing occupations; Tips on finding apprenticeship programs; Standard application procedure of apprenticeship programs. INSETS: The 25 most popular...
- Apprenticeship Programs: They Help Train the Nation's Youth As Tomorrow's Work Force. // San Diego Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p21
Discusses how apprenticeships and other on-site training programs help improve workers' skill levels and spare companies from hefty investments into training unskilled employees. Provision of basic work skills to students; Opportunities for small businesses to find qualified labor and influence...
- Modern apprenticeship plans 'seriously flawed' Cooper, Cathy // People Management;9/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p6
Deals with the issues raised in relation to the proposed changes to the modern apprenticeships scheme in London, England. Disputes associated with the proposals; Information on the proposed changes.
- A foundation for the future. Stevens, John // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p47
Opposes the proposed expansion of modern apprenticeship scheme to 14- to 19-year-olds in Great Britain. Objective of the proposal; Overview of the nation's workplace standards; Recommendations.
- Trends in European Apprenticeship. // Monthly Labor Review;Apr66, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p396
Reports on the practices and trends in European apprenticeship programs. Nature of the programs; Regulation of apprenticeship contracts; External forces influencing apprenticeship; Changes in career structures; Challenges in administering apprenticeship programs.
- Havering attracts staff for parks and open spaces. // Horticulture Week;2/12/2010, p6
The article offers information on the apprentice program developed by the London Borough of Havering in England.
- Learning a trade. Chorlian, Meg // Cobblestone;Nov2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on apprenticeship in the United States during Colonial times.
- Introduction. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;Oct2013 Supplement, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses apprenticeships in Great Britain, including the benefits of apprenticeships for both employer and employee, various reports within the issue related to apprenticeship training, and brief information on the "Training Journal's" focus.
- Why Don't We? KOEPFER, CHRIS // Production Machining;Jul2014, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's praise for German apprenticeship system.
- Untitled. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p7
Summarizes the articles featured in the August 1997 issue of `Sydney Morning Herald' and `Canberra Times' about apprenticeships and traineeships to be provided by the Australian Federal Government. Objectives of the `New Apprenticeships' scheme of the government; Traineeships in different...