Flatter structures create problems of their own
- The Unifying Force of Diversity. Guillory, William A. // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p7
Explores the trend towards diversity to improve competitive advantages of companies. Organizational change; Dimensions of diversity; Creation of a high performance organization through diversity.
- Mastering Change . Fiorina, Carly // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p10
Offers suggestions for mastering and managing business change. Era of high-technology and the Internet; Creation of sustainable value; Importance of balance among business strategy, structure, processes, and culture.
- Six Principles of Change Execution. Mellina, Edmond // Executive Excellence;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p13
Cites the principles of change execution within a corporate organization. Need for a specific rate for each change initiative; Impact of sponsorship on the change initiative; Considerations driving the principle of proximity.
- Continuous change. Mariotti, John L. // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p8
Offers tips on how to create positive change within an organization. Development of a vision, mission, strategy and operating plan; Setting of high expectations with specific goals and objectives; Need to build trust; Provision of frequent, balanced feedback.
- Changing our view of change. Gull, Gregory A. // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p10
Offers advice on how to manage organizational change. Employees' reaction to changes; Change as a manifestation of an exchange or transformation of energy; Importance of planning; Need to perceive change as an opportunity to learn.
- Change leadership. Russo, Eileen M. // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p12
Offers tips on how to manage organizational change. Qualities of a change leader; Ways to communicate change to subordinates; Challenges facing executives in leading change; Creation of a supportive learning environment.
- Harnessing the energy of change. Tompkins, Jim // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
Offers advice for executives on how to deal with continuous organizational change. Shift from management to leadership; Individuals to teams; Customer service to partnerships; Traditional compensation to rewards and recognition.
- Corporate transformation. Miles, Robert H. // Executive Excellence;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p20
Offers advice for executives on corporate transformation. Attributes of a successful transformation; Steps in planning a corporate transformation; Characteristics of a successful transformational leader; Need to assess the initial change condition.
- Facing Freedom. Halal, William E. // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p13
Comments on the need for executives to implement management strategies that allow business organizations to become have more freedom in managing organizational changes. Importance of ensuring accountability combined with wide entrepreneurial freedom; Use of the power of information technology...
- Manage by fundamentals, not by fads. Shaw, Douglas G.; Kaestle, Paul K. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 14 Issue 83, p10
Discusses the need for fundamental changes in management in order to make management programs successful in imposing corporate changes and solutions to problems. Factors making management programs fads; Development of clearer goals and framework; Development of solutions to achieving...