People and posts
- Increasing HR departments' effectiveness. // Management Review;Jun84, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p32
Presents the views of several human resources (HR) executives in the U.S. on the increasing HR departments' effectiveness. Meredith Corp. personnel director Glenn L. Witt on the importance of better recruiting and sound hiring decisions; Motorola former vice-president of industrial relations...
- SHRM Committee. // Caribbean Business;9/23/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 37, pS2
A photograph is presented which depicts the members of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Committee including secretary Aixa GarcÃa, administrator Ana Iglesias and 2009-2010 president Angie Lugo.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;4/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the appointment of human resource (HR) directors in Great Britain.
- Are you HR certified? // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p27
Presents a survey on views concerning certification of human resource professionals in the United States.
- Look Who's at the Helm. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of human resource department heads who are not human resource professionals. Advantages of working with people without human resource background; Importance of the role of human resource executives in industrial management.
- BBC defends its dominance over HRD pay. // Human Resources (09648380);Feb2010, p7
The article examines the highest-paid public sector human resources (HR) practitioners in Great Britain.
- SPECIAL REPORT: EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION. Hansen, Fay // Workforce Management;4/23/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p25
This article reports on how U.S. human resources (HR) executives take the lead in the proxy process under the executive compensation disclosure rules and prepare for a series of shareholder scrutiny. The proxy disclosure rules have enhanced the role of human resources. HR executives will need an...
- A step ahead of trouble. Sullivan, John // Workforce Management;4/23/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p42
The author comments on the failure of human resource (HR) departments to predict upcoming changes. He cites that the best way to accurately predict upcoming changes is to look at leading indicators. He recommends HR departments to identify key people management situations in which they could...
- OF TACTICS AND STRATEGY. // Export Today's Global Business;Mar2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p64
Presents information from a study titled, The Globalization of Human Resources. Percentage of human resource officers that said they have only moderate involvement in their company's overall business strategy; Three main types of cross-border corporations; Percentage of respondents that said...