- An exciting new era awaits. Main Wilson, Andrew // Director;Nov2012, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p92
The article discusses changes occurring at the Institute of Directors (IoD) organization including upgrades to the organization's premises in London, England, planned events featuring speakers like business magnate Sir Richard Branson, and an online database for non-executive (NXD) directors.
- A workout for your business brain. // Director;Feb2015, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p74
The article discusses the difference between a coach and a mentor for the increase popularity of executive coaching among the directors in Great Britain.
- Mobile Boardroom Technology Increases Shareholder Value. Soltis Martel, Cheryl // NACD Directorship;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p38
The article evaluates an online portal communication between Board of Directors called the Board Portal Software: Director's Desk by Nasdaq OMX Corporate Solutions company.
- Keeping MRFs safe and sound Harris, Sydney M. // World Wastes;Feb1996, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p47
No abstract available.
- Organizations spend $58.6 billion on training. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p21
Reports that training budget in American organizations increased by five percent in 1997 as compared to 1996 figures. Expectation of continuous investments in training and development in 1998.
- Employee development. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p10
Shares the development of employees in various businesses in Great Britain. Training for employees of Front-line Royal Mail; Professional qualification by the British Institute of Facilities; Scheme funded by Devon and Cornwall for tourism employees.
- Courses round-up. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p43
Shares the training courses aimed at employees and executives in Great Britain. Building winning teams; Skills for health and safety managers; Foundation course for trainers.
- Training at board level is a vital issue for business. Littlefield, David // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p16
Reports about the themes, importance of discussing training in the boardroom and the benefits of training emerged from the third annual conference of the former ITD London branch. Comments from Personnel and Development (IPD) president Mike Bett about the importance of training; Way of...
- Employee development. // People Management;03/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Discusses various issues regarding employees' training and development in Great Britain. Findings of the Industrial Society survey on the training budgets of different companies; Features of the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ)-based training for bus drivers with GM Buses North in...