Why CD-R will never be a 680MB floppy
- FLOPPY disk REPLACEMENT: CD-R or CD-RW? Bennett, Hugh // EMedia Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p60
Comments about the replacement of floppy discs with compact disc (CD)-readable (CD-R) or CD-rewritable (CD-RW) discs. Qualities of CD-R and CD-RW; Price of CD-RW and CD-R discs; Memory capacity and speed of the discs.
- A FLOPPY-DISK PEN HOLDER. Ward, Jacob // Popular Science;Nov2008, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p92
The article describes step-by-step instructions for several small projects including a floppy-disk pen holder and a dumbbell made with old compact disks.
- Mysterious Memory Discs. Castelluccio, Michael // Strategic Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p61
The article explains the ins and outs of CD-class recordable disks or compact discs. The article relates the history of its development (Phillips, 1979), differentiates it from floppy disks, explains the format, and its possible replacement by DVDs. The article also explains how the technology...
- Behind the scenes, one CD at a time. Madden, Lisa // New Hampshire Business Review;10/5/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p25
Provides information on Media Duplication & Assembly Inc in Hanover, New Hampshire. Duplicating services of Media for compact discs and diskettes; Clients of the company; Financial performance of the company.
- How to back up your data. Auty // GP: General Practitioner;2/4/2002, p56
Focuses on the options in creating back up to the applications, data and its operating system. Use of floppy disks; Details of Iomega Zip and Jazz; Capacity of compact disk drives and digital video disc.
- An Erasable Large Capacity, Magneto-Optical Laser Memory Disc Device. // BKSTS Journal;Dec1983, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p695
The article reports on Sony Corp. and KDD's development of a magneto-optical disc memory device that can record and be erased with a laser beam. The disc will increase the amount of information that can be stored relative to conventional floppy discs. The data can be read clearly through the...
- Make a boot disk (or CD). Harris, Link // Australian PC User;Aug2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p98
Presents information on making a boot floppy disk or a compact disc. Purpose of a boot disk; Steps to creating a boot floppy disk; Advice on fixing the problems of a boot disk.
- Bikini Classroom for Windows XP. Warne, Dan // Australian Personal Computer;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p122
Evaluates the compact disc training tool Lame '80s. Pros and cons of the compact disc; Price of the compact disc.
- Open Sesame . . . Joyce, John // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p14
The article presents information about computer programs that are used to regain access to accounts with forgotten passwords. One of the program is Active Password Changer 2.1 from LSoft Technologies Inc. This program is installed as a series of standard Windows application on the host machine...