Resources in brief
- Credit where it's due. Stalter, Katharine // Variety;12/23/96, Vol. 365 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on how entertainment firms allocate credits for designers, programmers, and other creatives in their Web sites and CD-ROMs. Some companies' use of the movie industry patterns; Developers' need to stand up for themselves during project negotiations.
- E-studio news/multimedia. Walker, David // Photo District News;Jun95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p32
Presents various multimedia compact disc projects. Michel Tcherevkoff's i-Sight; Peter Menzle's Material World; Sumeria's Exploring Ancient Cities multimedia CD; Holocaust Museum's multimedia Wexner Learning Center; Mountain Travel-Sobek's Adventure Disc CD.
- A new multimedia keyboard. Spiwak, Marc // Popular Electronics;Dec95, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p23
Focuses on multimedia systems and CD-ROMs. Platinum Sound MSK-200 multimedia keyboard; LucasArts' video game titled Full Throttle; Arnowitz Studios' CD-ROM titled Coral Reef; Spica Inc.'s EZ-Locator disc; Essex Interactive Media's The Super 10 Pack.
- Getting off the upgrade treadmill. Crawford, Walt // CD-ROM Professional;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p86
Focuses on upgrading of CD-ROMs and multimedia systems. Author's purchase of a computer with a single speed CD-ROM drive; Upgrade to double speed; Marketplace realities of equipment replacement; Availability of high-density discs; Upgrade treadmill as path to oblivion for CD-ROM as a mass medium.
- Interactive special interest from dining to dinosaurs. McGowan, Chris // Billboard;10/23/93, Vol. 105 Issue 43, p106
Features several multimedia presentations of special interest CD-ROMs (compact disc-read only memory). Voyager Company's `Take Five'; Compton Media's `Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous'; Deep River Publishing's `Adventures'; More.
- Genus, species, and electronic media. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the success of CD-ROM as an electronic medium. Jokes made at CD-ROM's expense; Perception of CD-ROM as a restrictive term that does not include high density disc; Importance of CD-ROM in the electronic media.
- Ten significant CD-ROM and multimedia developments in 1994. Ensor, Pat; Bennett, Hugh // Computers in Libraries;Jan1995, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p72
Presents a rundown of significant CD-ROM and multimedia developments in 1994. Includes the discovery of the limitations of CD-ROM; Development of Windows-based interfaces; Emphasis on getting CD-ROM sources instead of indexes; Introduction of high-speed CD-ROM recorders; Proliferation of full...
- Repackaging of Zig. Lambrecht, Trish // Training & Development;Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p77
Evaluates the multimedia program The Art of Selling CD-ROM. Repackaging of Zig Ziglar's concepts in selling; Link to a workbook page; Content of lectures.
- Learning the true score. Knight, Daniel J. // Training & Development;Feb2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p77
Evaluates the multimedia program Balancing the Corporate Scorecard: An Interactive Simulation CD-ROM. Application as a performance measurement framework; Features.