Publishers' stategies for CD-ROM/Internet publishing
- Publishing faces new age. Paikert, Charles // Variety;9/18/95 Supplement, Vol. 360 Issue 7, p55
Looks at the forays into new media by the publishing industry in New York, New York as of September 1995. CD-ROM releases; Overall softness of the CD-ROM market; Leading electronic publishers; Indications of growth of the market.
- What will the next five years mean to information publishers? O'Connor, Mary Ann // CD-ROM Professional;Mar1995, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the prospects for information publishers. Cooperation among print, CD-ROM and online publishing industries; Statistics and future projections for the CD-ROM, communications and online industries presented at the CD-ROM Expo in October 1994 in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Where Have All the CD-ROMs Gone? Crawford, Walt // American Libraries;May2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p66
Focuses on title CD-ROM, which carry organized messages and that are designed to be physically present while being used, as opposed to being permanently installed. Potential market for title CD-ROM in the United States; Success of the CD-ROM as a software medium; Reference to several CD-ROM...
- War zone--news from the high-density front. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p15
Presents developments concerning the high-density segment of the CD-ROM industry as of October 1995. Support of the MMCD drive by Western Digital and NEC Home Electronics; Support of Time Warner/Toshiba SD by Sega Enterprises and Akai Electronic Co.; Software Dealers Association's creation of a...
- Market watch. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
Presents developments concerning the CD-ROM industry in different parts in the world as of October 1995. Increased publisher revenues for multimedia title sales; Prediction of increased optical disc drive sales; Number of CD-ROM drives shipped in 1994; Software sales in the first quarter of 1995.
- Web surfing in the emperor's new clothes. Guenette, David R. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on trends in the CD-ROM industry. Technological developments; Connecting on the World Wide Web information retrieval system; Consumer concerns; Notion of surfing.
- Metering, control, and commerce: New efforts toward CD-ROM and online transaction and distribution. Nathans, Stephen // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p18
Reports on developments in the CD-ROM industry, as of April 1996. Product releases; Technological developments; Industry trends.
- People & deals. // CD-ROM Professional;Apr96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Reports on developments in the CD-ROM industry, as of April 1996. Alliances; Distribution deals; Licenses; Mergers, acquisitions and money matters; Relocations, expansions and name changes; Personnel.
- Facts, figures, & findings. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p30
Presents computer disc read-only memory-(CD-ROM) related news items for October 1996. Includes increase in replication of CD-ROM in North America in 1995; Doubling of price of business Web sites.