The driving question: Where are the DVD-ROM titles
- DVD: Breathtaking sight and sound, significant challenges. Wright, Maury // EDN;08/15/97, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p47
Discusses digital versatile disc (DVD) technology focusing on the design. Comparison with CD-ROM media; How to effectively integrate DVD into a system; Capacity of DVD-ROM media; DVD use in the computer industry; Availability of DVD add-on kits; What to consider before purchasing a DVD system;...
- No DVD for now. Vizard, Frank // Popular Science;Oct96, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p40
Reports that the 1996 introduction of the digital versatile disc (DVD), which is the next generation format for home video and computers, has been delayed until 1997. Movie studio concern over unauthorized copying being the reason for the delay.
- Experience the Dazzling Visual Difference. Sterritt, David // Christian Science Monitor;2/11/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 56, p13
Focuses on the advantages of digital video disc (DVD) technology on the home video industry, and increased visual vocabulary offered.
- Vendors: End Of Rewritable DVD Storm In Sight. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/9/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p126
Focuses on the performance of digital video disk (DVD) market in the U.S. as of January 2003. Strategies adopted by various DVD companies for the promotion of their products; Advantages of DVD-Random access memory media; Reasons for the popularity of rewriteable DVD.
- With DVD demand up, are increased player sales far behind? Traiman, Steve // Billboard;04/04/98, Vol. 110 Issue 14, p61
Discusses the rise in the retail sales of DVD's. The need for player demand to catch up; Sales data; The citing of DVD as the key factor in boosting the Musicland Group's bottom line in the fourth quarter ending December 31, 1997.
- DVD Technology Re: Sources. Kroeker, Kirk L. // EMedia Professional;Jan1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p104
Presents a lists on where to find information about digital video disc (DVD) technology resources. World Wide Web sites about DVD; Newsletters and newspapers on DVD; DVD consortium members.
- Samsung DVD905 digital versatile disc player. Booth, Stephen A. // Popular Electronics;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p14
Features Samsung DVD905 digital versatile disc player. Specifications; Capabilities; Price; Definition of digital versatile disc; Evaluation of the player; Contact information.
- CD-ROMs on steroids. McEvoy, Aoife; Lasky, Michael S. // PC World;Dec1996, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p130
Discusses Digital Versatile Disc (DVD) technology. Its expected debut in the fall of 1996; Features and capabilities of DVD-ROM. The battle over copy protection as it applies to DVD; Phillips Electronics and Sony Corporation announcing the beginnings of a patent licensing plan for DVD-Video and...
- DVD-ROM drives: The next generation. Sengstack, Jeff; Arar, Yardena // PC World;Nov97, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p108
Evaluates Pacific Digital's DVD-ROM Upgrade Kit. Pros; Cons; Value; Price; Vendor contact point.