Tech & tools
- A multimedia guide to protective product packaging. Lye, S. W.; Lee, S. G.; Chew, B. H. // International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education;Jul99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p235
Describes a multmedia courseware on protective product packaging that has been developed using the commercial authoring tool, IconAuthor. Features and design of the courseware; Discussion on the choice of authoring tool; Reason for using an interactive multimedia as the medium of delivery.
- The best multimedia and Web authoring resources on the Internet. Siglar, Jamie // EMedia Professional;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p95
Presents several Web sites covering multimedia authoring and World Wide Web authoring tools on the Internet. Background information on Web authoring; Features of the different sites. Morph's Outpost on the Digital Frontier; EMedia Professional from Online Inc.; HyperStand from HyperMedia...
- WEB APP. Robair, Gino // Electronic Musician;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p37
Features the Web site pulssesonifier.com. Availability of Pulse Sonifier, an integrated authoring program; Use of Macromedia Flash audio engine; Compatibility of the software to Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AUTHORING TOOLS. // Training Media Review;May/Jun2009, p2
The article features the report "10 Things You Should Know about Authoring Tools."
- Pinnacle Systems Impression DVD-Pro. Ozer, Jan // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p59
Reviews the Pinnacle Impression digital video disc and compact-disc authoring software.
- AAF--The 'Super-EDL' Turner, Bob // Broadcast Engineering;May2002, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p54
Discusses the Advanced Authoring Format (AAF), a super edit-decision list (EDL) designed for digital nonlinear post production and authoring. Information provided by an EDL; Components of the AAF solution; Background information on AAF development; Benefits from AAF technology.
- Editorial. Plagemann, Thomas // Multimedia Systems;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p325
The article introduces the topic of the special issue, which considers the canonical process of media production.
- Authoring a blind date: Are the tools up to it? Kozel, Kathy // EMedia Professional;Mar1997, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p64
Encourages the improvement of authored compact disc-read only memory (CD-ROM) multimedia systems through a blind-date-treatment on end-users. Attractiveness of the multimedia system; Ability of the system to be a good listener; Proper interruption from the system.
- Stealth programming. Kozel, Kathy // EMedia Professional;Apr97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on authoring tools used by multimedia authors or stealth programmers without formal technical training. Basic elements of interactive programming for non-technical programmers; Level of languages in authoring tools; Common programming errors in authoring tools.