People & deals
- Computer Equipment. // Computer Equipment Industry Yearbook;2001/2002, pN.PAG
Presents an economic analysis of the Computer Equipment Industry as of January 2001. Overview of the current state of the sector; Factors affecting its financial health and how insiders are reacting to those issues; Recent history; How demand for the products has changed and what is expected...
- Hard-hitting hardware. Jason, Pini // African Business;Mar1997, Issue 219, p42
Reports on Nigeria's attempt to modernize its computers which carry out more jobs in less time at lower running costs. Large scale integration and mainframes within the industry; Popularity of mainframes among big operators; Big players in the Nigerian computer market.
- Computer doomsday. Andrews, Jonathan // CA Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p33
Analyzes the crisis in the computer industry as the year changes from 1999 to 2000. Predictions of computer doomsday scenario; Cause for alarm about the problem; Risk variables and management.
- Anthropologists peer into a valley of silicon. Van Slambrouck, Paul // Christian Science Monitor;1/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on the study of Silicon Valley being conducted by Jan English-Lueck, Chuck Darrah and James Freeman, three anthropology teachers at San Jose State University. How Silicon Valley became the epicenter of the Digital Revolution in the United States; The faith that residents have in the...
- So who said Japan would rule world computer industry? Zinsmeister, Karl // Christian Science Monitor;7/11/95, Vol. 87 Issue 157, p19
Opinion. Looks at the problems facing the Japanese computer industry. Their performance in the global market; Predictions made by American industrial policy proponents in 1992-93, regarding the future performance of the Japanese computer industry.
- Bits & bytes. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p121
Reports on developments related to the computer industry in the United States, as of December 1995. Includes Fred Masher's departure from Dayton Hudson Department Stores; Marketplace Solutions' porting of its Power Retailer software for Micros POS devices to Sun Microsystem's SPARC/Solaris...
- Powerful portables. Paul, Noel C. // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 35, p17
Discusses the computer industry, in light of the 2001 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Web page shows how valuable computers are for our industry. Everham, Bill // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p66
Opinion. Provides information on the computer industry and how valuable it is to the publishing industry. Suggestions made by the author in relation to the Web site.
- Top Tucson computer dealers. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p16
Presents the largest computer dealers in Tucson, Arizona according to rankings for the week of April 13, 1998. Includes MicroAge/Advanced Systems Group; ComputerLand System Support Services; Electronic City.
- COMPUTER DEALERS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2008 Supplement, Vol. 54 Issue 68, p198
The article lists computer dealers in New York including Systemax Inc., Globecomm Systems and Dimension Data.