New worlds of information: Tips, tutorials, FAQs, and
- Microsoft, Netscape agree on 3-D standard. Rodriguez, Karen // Inter@ctive Week;08/11/97, Vol. 4 Issue 27, p20
Presents information on the affirmation of the market for three-dimensional applications using the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML), when Microsoft Corporation and Netscape Communications Corporation agreed to support the VRML 2.0 in their respective Web browsers. Information on...
- VRML standards war may be at an end. DeMocker, Judy // InfoWorld;8/12/96, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p7
Reports on the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) developers' meeting at Siggraph in New Orleans, Louisiana to finalize the details of the VRML 2.0 specification. Extensions and enhancements proposed for the VRML 2.0 specification; Proposed standards for viewing and displaying 3-D content...
- VRML gets moving...slowly. Vandore, Simon // Australian Personal Computer;Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p28
Discusses the development of Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML). VRML's approach of its second incarnation as `Moving Worlds'; Processing power required by VRML; Features of Netscapes Live3D, a VRML browser.
- VRML--more than a Web tool. // Machine Design;04/03/97, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p71
Features Silicon Graphics Inc.'s virtual-reality modeling language (VRML). Application in creating three-dimensional scenes; Scene refinements made in VRML 2.0.
- SGI, Netscape launch joint 3-D standard. DeMocker, Judy // InfoWorld;2/19/96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the rift among developers of the Virtual Reality Modeling Language 2.0 standard. Silicon Graphics Inc. and Netscape Communications Corp.'s launching of pre-emptive strike for their Moving Worlds 3-D technology; Need for a platform-independent transmission method for three-dimensional...
- VRML contest. L.K. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
Announces a contest on virtual reality modeling language (VRML) engineering models sponsored by Compaq Computer Corp. Contact information.
- VRML ratified. B.M.S. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Mar1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the approval of the VRML document markup language as an international standard by the International Organization for Standardization and the International Electrotechnical Commission. Importance of the granting of a standard to specification stability; Application in Internet content...
- VRML comes of age. DeMocker, Judy // InfoWorld;8/05/96, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the entry of the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML), a technology for displaying 3-D graphics over the World Wide Web, in the business mainstream. Comparison between VR and CAD applications; Predicted growth of the VR market by 2001; Product introductions, partnerships and...
- It's time for VRML to grow up, earn its keep. Vizard, Michael // InfoWorld;8/05/96, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p3
Comments on the potentials of the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) as an important information systems tool. Benefits of VRML for users and IS organizations.