Asymetrix and Aimtech: What's the deal?
- Asymetrix poised to scoop up Aimtech. // PC Week;06/30/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p3
Announces that Asymetrix signed a letter in June, 1997 to purchase Aimtech. Aimtech as a supplier of cross-platform, multimedia authoring systems for corporate, government and education markets; Asymetrix's plans for Aimtech.
- Asymetrix to pick up Aimtech. // InfoWorld;06/30/97, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p3
Reports on Asymetrix's plans to acquire online learning tool and multimedia content developer Aimtech.
- Asymetrix acquires Aimtech to expand CBT offerings. Walsh, Jeff // InfoWorld;07/07/97, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p32
Reports on Asymetrix's acquisition of Aimtech as part of its strategy to gain a greater foothold in the computer-based training (CBT) market against Macromedia's Authorware product. Macromedia's reactions to the acquisition; Industry analysts' remarks on the acquisition.
- People & deals. // EMedia Professional;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p24
Provides information on several agreements and acquisitions between companies in computer industry. Licensing agreements between Asymetrix Corp. and TVObjects Corp.; Team up of Imation Corp. and Plasmon plc.; Merger of Graphix Zone Inc. and Inscape.
- Aimtech appoints two vice presidents. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/1/97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p22
Reports on Aimtech Corp.'s addition of two vice president positions to its senior management. Foy Sperring for sales and marketing; Lawrence Bertram for business development.
- Eye candy. // PC Week;11/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 44, PC Week Inside pA6
Reports on Asymetrix Corp.'s full-features multimedia screen saver. Choice of shows; Shipping of `Jurassic Park: The Screen Saver'; Question regarding product's effect on the nations productivity.
- Asymetrix refocuses multimedia efforts. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;4/18/94, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p12
Reports on Asymetrix Corp.'s revamp of its multimedia plans. Release of Multimedia Toolbook 3.0; Plans for upgraded version of Compel presentation-graphics software for Windows; Deals with Novell Incorporated.
- Asymetrix retools with layoffs and narrower focus. Morrissey, Jane // PC Week;1/23/95, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1102
Reports on the reduction of Asymetrix Corp.'s workforce as part of reorganization. Sale of screen-saver products line; Concentration on software development.
- Asymetrix: Writing a new ToolBook chapter. Berst, Jesse // PC Week;11/1/93, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p148
Predicts that software company Asymetrix is going to make a comeback in 1994. Criticism that Asymetrix is not serious; Use of two-thirds of its money on research and development; Hampering of ToolBook by murky positioning when Visual Basic came out; Need for the updating of Multimedia ToolBook...