The wonders and wizards of Windows installation utilities
- More on Windows. Yandell, Van // Tech Directions;May96, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p42
Presents tips on keeping a Microsoft Windows program secure from tampering by secondary students. Protection of the setup of the program manager; Ramifications of student access to the program's Control Panel and File Manager; Recommendation that the Control Panel and File Manager be deleted.
- Limiting Access to Windows. Thornberry, Chris // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p42
Presents a technique which will limit the access of students to Windows from a student in Tony Suba's Technology Program at Ben Davis High School in Indianapolis.
- WINDOWS95: Fight or switch? // Inc.;Sep95, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p116
Looks at the reaction of several business managers to the upcoming release of Windows95 operating system. The opinion of beta testers that there are still some bugs in the system; Comments from Bill Young of Young & Perry and others.
- Computing power to the masses. Cosh, Colby // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/11/95, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p16
Reports on the introduction of the computer software Windows 95. Meaning of a computer operating system; Connection to the Internet; Effect to Apple Macintosh of the cloning of IBM microcomputers; Competition posed by OS/2; Consequence of the monopoly of Microsoft Corp. in the development of a...
- Let pilot projects guide Win 95 move. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;8/21/95, Vol. 12 Issue 33, pN/6
Focuses on the positive side of upgrading to Windows 95 computer operating system. Better resource management than Windows 3.x; Straightforward configuration of network setup; Length of time for installing Win 95; Need of companies for a Win 95 pilot programs.
- Windows best sellers. // Windows Watcher;Aug96, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p19
Looks at the top-selling Windows-based applications in the US, Germany and Italy. MS Office Pro 7.0; MS Office 7.0; Office 4.2; Vision 4.0 Adobe Illustrator 6.0; Corel WordPerfect Suite 6.1; More.
- The Windows 95 waiting game. Gruman, Galen // Macworld;Feb1996, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p40
Discusses the lack of connectivity options to connect Macintosh computers and Windows 95-based computers. Disk exchange via Software Architecture's DOS Mounter 95; DataViz's offer of the MacOpener 1.0; Insignia Solutions' efforts to make its MacDisk product work with Windows 95; Networking options.
- Windows 95: New software. Miller, Michael // Australian Personal Computer;Jun95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p84
Features computer software designed for Microsoft's Windows 95 computer operating system. Application software; Utilities; User interface.
- Windows 95 spurs flood of tools, updates. Lavilla, Stacy // PC Week;9/4/95, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p56
Features the network-management applications developed by vendors for Microsoft Corp.'s Windows 95 operating system. Computer Associates International Inc.'s Paradigm Problem Manager; Bay Networks Inc.'s Windows 95 version of its Optivity Campus 5.3; Cinco Networks Inc.'s NetXRay; NetWorth...
- Chip chat. // Australian Personal Computer;Mar1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p277
Reports on Microsoft's Windows 95 Video Guide, Creative's Phone Blaster and Novell's enhanced network software products.