The tale of tape: Magnetic technologies and products for
- Universal portable datalogger. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec1996, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p33
Presents the model 2290-8 universal portable datalogger, a full-featured datalogger with programmable date and time as well as callable maximum, minimum and average values.
- Products & services. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun95 Special Issue, Vol. 11, p38
Presents an alphabetical listing of automatic identification products and services along with the companies that provide them.
- Brand names. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun95 Special Issue, Vol. 11, p91
Presents an alphabetical listing of brand names of various automatic identification products with short product descriptions and manufacturers' names.
- Whoops, there goes another CD-ROM. Tangley, Laura // U.S. News & World Report;02/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p67
Focuses on the length of time various media will reliably store information. Years of use for optical discs and magnetic tapes as apposed to different qualities of paper; Efforts to preserve information; Tests by the National Media Laboratory; Durability problems.
- Using a PC parallel port for control. Winton, George; Gibson, Adrian // Machine Design;3/9/95, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p142
Focuses on the use of a personal computer (PC) parallel port for data acquisition and control. Parallel port as a communication port; Four transistor-transistor logic (TTL)-compatible output lines; Typical applications. INSET: Finding the right address..
- Stac squeezes CD ROM savings. Lapolla, Stephanie // PC Week;8/21/95, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p10
Reports that Stac Electronics will release its CD-QuickShare compression-storage technology. Function of CD-QuickShare; Pricing for different models; Features.
- RX FOR OVERLOAD. BAKER, INDA // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p8
The article offers brief information on the iPad-based emergency room information system, from Montrue Technologies.
- In search of secondary storage. Starrett, Robert A. // EMedia Professional;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p36
Offers a look at some of the secondary storage medium used in the computing industry. Information on magneto-optical (MO) drives; Write once/read many (WORM) drives; Recordable compact disc (CD-R) and its variant, CD-Rewritable (CD-RW). INSETS: A solution to the secondary storage...
- An affordable backup solution. Kyle, Selina // Poptronics;Feb2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p49
Evaluates the Danmere Backer 32 computer backup device. Capability to store computer data to a videocassette recorder; Wireless connection feature; Installation of the device; Technical specification.