The developer's toolbox
- Grolier announces Multimedia Encyclopedia on DVD. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
States that Grolier Interactive has announced plans for a digital video disc (DVD) version of its 'Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia 1998,' Deluxe Edition. Brief mention of features; Company contact information.
- DVD titles plagued by incompatibility problems. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1998, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p64
Mentions the incompatibility problems associated with digital video disc (DVD) software titles as of March 1998, according to testing by Intel. The percentage of titles tested that used MPEG-2 video compression.
- DVD-ROM. // Discount Store News;4/20/98, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p47
Features several digital video disc-read only memory (DVD-ROM). `Godzilla's Revenge,' from Simitar Entertainment; `Earthlight,' from DVD International.
- Feel the noise. // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2002, Issue 277, p34
Introduces Cyberlink's PowerDVD digital-video-disc playback software program. Product features.
- BurnAware 7.0. // Jurisprudence (1802-3843);2014, Issue 6, p29
The article offers information on the BurnAware 7.0 DVD-copying software from BurnAware.
- REFRAME: CINEMA 16: AMERICAN SHORT FILMS. // Vertigo (09687904);Summer2006, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p15
The article reviews the DVD playing computer software REFRAME, developed by Tony Cryer, Nick Haeffner, Chris Lane, Ken MacKinnon and Souli Spiropoulou.
- CEA STATEMENT ON RELEASE WINDOWS. // Cinema Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the statement released by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) regarding to the issue of DVD release windows.
- Checking the rear-view mirror and buckling up. Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;Jan1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p57
Examines the development of CD-ROM and digital video disc (DVD) titles, as of January 1, 1998. Slow development of DVD titles and hardware; Proliferation of CD-ROM titles; CD-ROM drives; CD-ROM encyclopedias; CD-ROM industry activity.
- Apple's Sequel to iDVD. Snell, Jason; Michaels, Philip // Macworld;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p20
Features Apple Computer's iDVD 2.0 digital versatile disc-authoring software. Scheduled release of the software; Price for users of the first iDVD version; Comparison of versions 1.0 and 2.0 of the software.
- Time to eject the DVD? Sarno, Tony // APC (Bauer Media Group);Oct2012, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p3
The article offers the author's perspective on the diminishing use of DVDs. It is the author's belief that time has come to replace DVDs with an online software centre which alerts readers to the growingly popular software pricing specials on the web, monitors the best apps around the world, and...