- The CBT (r)evolution and the authoring engines that drive it. Hefner, Donna // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on developments in computer-based training-oriented authoring software. Impact on interactive training; Building blocks of online course design; Streaming and peer-to-peer connectivity technologies.
- Two trends: The Internet and the suite. Hefner, Donna // CD-ROM Professional;Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p54
Focuses on trends in computer-based training authoring software. Benefits of Internet-oriented development and distribution; Concept of suites.
- Multimedia. // T H E Journal;Feb96, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p54
Reviews a variety of education-related multimedia products. Davidson's Kid Works Deluxe CD-ROM from Davidson & Associates; Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, Expanded Multimedia Edition from Time Warner Electronic Publishing; Rand McNally's Time Detectives for Hire from Rand McNally; The Cartoon...
- Software captures training. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;11/04/96, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p20
Informs that Startup Eloquent Inc. announced in October 1996 Infomedia multimedia training software. The combination of HTML navigation and PowerPoint presentation features with audio and video to make desktop presentations available to clients on a network. Details about the product; Contact...
- You've come a long way, baby. // Popular Electronics;Sep96, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p19
Describes the evolution of microcomputers. Background on computer production in the 1970s; Increase in computer popularity in the 1980s; Emergence of multimedia computer applications.
- New stuff. Spiwak, Marc // Popular Electronics;Dec96, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p8
Describes various multimedia software. Includes Home Improvement Encyclopedia; Garden Encyclopedia 2.0; 1996 Edition of the Guinness Multimedia Disc of Records; Exploring the Lost Maya.
- Multimedia still stuck in niches. Ferranti, Marc // InfoWorld;11/28/94, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p32
Features several multimedia software released in 1994. Products from Comdex; Avid Technology Inc.'s video-production software; AT&T's multimedia Designer imaging program; Strata Inc.'s Media Forge multimedia authoring tool.
- Authoring tools. Dancer, Helen // Australian Personal Computer;Oct95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p130
Analyzes the multimedia software of Australia, as reported in October 1995. Curtain raiser on various reviews.
- Multimedia options multiply. Heid, Jim // Macworld;Aug1996, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p100
Evaluates ten multimedia authoring software that span the spectrum from simple interactive presentation to complex multimedia development. Suitability of entry-level authoring for creating uncomplicated, interactive business presentations; Professional authoring's provision of precise control...