The CD-ROM drive index
- The resource directory. Pastrone, Michael J. // CD-ROM Professional;Jan1995, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p104
Presents a listing of directories that cover broad or particular aspects of the CD-ROM and multimedia industry. Industry growth and directory growth; Directories as industry bibles; General consumer directories; Library/reference directories; Subject specialty directories; Future directories.
- Directory assistance. Abernathy, Donna // Training & Development;Dec95, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p60
Presents information on a CD-ROM directory from TFPL Publishing. Used to find out programs available for training topics; Available in book or CD-ROM; What the directory lists; Cost of directory book and CD-ROM directory.
- A Snapshot of the CD-ROM and Multimedia Industry. Nicholls, Paul // Computers in Libraries;Mar1997, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p61
Editorial. Informs that TFPL Multimedia's `CD-ROM and Multimedia Directory' has been released. Suggestion that the number of listings show that the CD-ROM is now a mature medium; Optical discs posing for exponential growth; When the analysts expect CD-ROM's twilight years to begin.
- DVD & CD-ROM Marketplace. // Brandweek;11/30/99 Supplement Marketing, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p44
Presents a directory of CD-ROM/DVD developers and advertising agencies in the United States. AIX Media Group; HDM Inc.; Computer Marketing Technologies; C.A.R. Advertising; Solutions Inc.
- Drive manufacturers. // EMedia Professional;Sep97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p60
Presents a list of various compact disc-read-only memory (CD-ROM) manufacturers/operating equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Acer America Corporation; Aztech Labs, Inc.; Chinon America Inc..
- New media--CD-ROM publishing. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Special Source Book for 1996, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p145
Profiles companies which provide CD-ROM publishing services to magazine publishers. Company name and address; Capabilities; Specialization; Company statement.
- Major growth in legal CD-ROM titles. // Computers in Libraries;Mar1995, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p43
Cites a report from Infosources Publishing that CD-ROM titles in the areas of law, legislation and regulation have increased by over 40% during 1994. Infosources' annual Directory of Law-Related CD-ROMs.
- 9,500 CD-ROM titles and 27 million drives. // Computers in Libraries;May95, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p48
Reports on the growth rate in CD-ROM titles, according to TFPL Publishing in its latest edition of `The CD-ROM Directory.' Comments by CD-ROM Facts & Figures commentator Julie Schwerin and TFPL Publishing's divisional manger Frank Bevis; Worldwide installed base of CD-ROM readers; Growth in...
- Book reviews: Reference. Battenfeld, R. // Library Journal;5/15/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p84
Reviews the books `The CD-ROM Directory, 1992,' edited by Matthew Finlay and Joanne Mitchell and `CD-ROMs in Print, 1992: An International Guide to CD-ROM, CD-I, CDTV, & Electronic Book Products,` compiled by Norman Desmarais.