Burning a new tune: New CD-R tools optimize for audio
- DVD. Herther, Nancy K. // Online;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p89
Provides an overview on DVD which means Digital Video Discs or Digital Versatile Discs. Data density; Error correction; Modulation scheme; Higher-resolution pictures; Comparison between DVD-ROM and CD-ROM. INSET: It isn't over 'til it's over.., by N.K.H..
- The digital duel: DVD-Audio... // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p41
Reports that one of the two proposed digital video disc (DVD)-based music-disc formats, DVD-Audio, is supported by the DVD Forum. Storage capacity of the disc; Difference of DVD-Audio from music-video discs based on the DVD-Video format; Support expressed by major music companies to the...
- Vs. Super Audio CD (SACD). // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p41
Discusses the features of Super Audio CD, one of the two proposed digital video disc-formats. Single-sided two-layer discs that allow for six-channel and two-channel audio using Direct Stream Digital Coding; Use of a technology that allows for optional Redbook compact disc (CD) tracks on one...
- FUN FINDS CDS & DVDS. Umile, Dominic // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p47
The article lists several compact discs (CDs) and DVDs including "Gnomeo & Juliet," "Madeline and Her Friends," and "Cousins Jamboree."
- CD/DVD Integration and Multifunctionality. Jacso, Peter // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p47
Discusses technological advances in the compact disc (CD) and digital video disc (DVD) industry. Description and features of the computers that have both CD-RW (CD-rewritable) and DVD-ROM drives; Costs and technological aspects to adding one of the drives to an old computer; Other combinations...
- Is DVD Audio the successor to CD? Verna, Paul // Billboard;10/03/98, Vol. 110 Issue 40, p1
Comments on the music industry's move toward Digital Video Disc (DVD) Audio. Quality of DVD being superior to Compact Discs (CD); How customers are unaware of DVD technology; Viewpoints of recording professionals, studio owners, and other music industry professionals on DVD technology; increase...
- It's not the pits. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p202
Comments on the development of technology facilitating reusable compact discs (CD)s. Features of recordable CDs; Physical description of CDs; Details on CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) technology; Problems associated with CD-Rewritable discs; When the technology is expected to be released for...
- Reading, writing, and CD-R. Pierce, Alan J. // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p11
Provides information about compact disk recordable (CD-R). Most significant difference between compact disk-read only memory (CD-ROM) and (CD-R); Principle behind the digital reading of a CD-ROM disk; Mechanism of the CD-R drive and disk.
- CD-R recording. Alexander, George A.; Chiarelli, Beverly // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;11/10/95 Special Issue Report, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p36
Features current developments in compact disc recording. Deltis recorder from Olympus; Diskovery 650 recording drive from Optima Technology; CDR-100 from Yamaha; Specifications; Prices.
- Consortium to announce CD-RW agreement. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/14/96, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p22
Reports that a consortium of media and disc drive manufacturers will jointly announce an agreement to produce CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) drives and media that will begin shipping in early 1997. Pricing scheme; Barriers to corporate acceptance.