Burning a new tune: New CD-R tools optimize for audio
- DVD. Herther, Nancy K. // Online;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p89
Provides an overview on DVD which means Digital Video Discs or Digital Versatile Discs. Data density; Error correction; Modulation scheme; Higher-resolution pictures; Comparison between DVD-ROM and CD-ROM. INSET: It isn't over 'til it's over.., by N.K.H..
- Japan Expo Has Rival Formats. McClure, Steve // Billboard;10/31/98, Vol. 110 Issue 44, p86
Focuses on some of the topics at the Japan Audio Expo '98 which was held in Tokyo in October 1998. The interest in whether DVD Audio or Super Audio CD (SACD) will be the next-generation digital audio format; The display of first-generation of consumer-use audio CD-Rewritable hardware; Some of...
- The digital duel: DVD-Audio... // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p41
Reports that one of the two proposed digital video disc (DVD)-based music-disc formats, DVD-Audio, is supported by the DVD Forum. Storage capacity of the disc; Difference of DVD-Audio from music-video discs based on the DVD-Video format; Support expressed by major music companies to the...
- Vs. Super Audio CD (SACD). // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;07/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p41
Discusses the features of Super Audio CD, one of the two proposed digital video disc-formats. Single-sided two-layer discs that allow for six-channel and two-channel audio using Direct Stream Digital Coding; Use of a technology that allows for optional Redbook compact disc (CD) tracks on one...
- FUN FINDS CDS & DVDS. Umile, Dominic // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p47
The article lists several compact discs (CDs) and DVDs including "Gnomeo & Juliet," "Madeline and Her Friends," and "Cousins Jamboree."
- CD/DVD Integration and Multifunctionality. Jacso, Peter // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p47
Discusses technological advances in the compact disc (CD) and digital video disc (DVD) industry. Description and features of the computers that have both CD-RW (CD-rewritable) and DVD-ROM drives; Costs and technological aspects to adding one of the drives to an old computer; Other combinations...
- Is DVD Audio the successor to CD? Verna, Paul // Billboard;10/03/98, Vol. 110 Issue 40, p1
Comments on the music industry's move toward Digital Video Disc (DVD) Audio. Quality of DVD being superior to Compact Discs (CD); How customers are unaware of DVD technology; Viewpoints of recording professionals, studio owners, and other music industry professionals on DVD technology; increase...
- It's not the pits. Wilkinson, Scott // Electronic Musician;Nov96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p202
Comments on the development of technology facilitating reusable compact discs (CD)s. Features of recordable CDs; Physical description of CDs; Details on CD-Rewritable (CD-RW) technology; Problems associated with CD-Rewritable discs; When the technology is expected to be released for...
- Reading, writing, and CD-R. Pierce, Alan J. // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p11
Provides information about compact disk recordable (CD-R). Most significant difference between compact disk-read only memory (CD-ROM) and (CD-R); Principle behind the digital reading of a CD-ROM disk; Mechanism of the CD-R drive and disk.
- CD-R recording. Alexander, George A.; Chiarelli, Beverly // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;11/10/95 Special Issue Report, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p36
Features current developments in compact disc recording. Deltis recorder from Olympus; Diskovery 650 recording drive from Optima Technology; CDR-100 from Yamaha; Specifications; Prices.