Santa Fe sewer upsized by bursting
- Drainage makers dig the dirt. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb98, p24
Reports on the increasing popularity of clay unductable sewers in drainage installations in Great Britain in 1998. Demand for the clay products of Naylor Clayware; Outlook for sales of structured wall pipes; Advantages of other materials for drainage.
- Out-of Sight, Out-of-Mind. Marshutz, Scott // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Nov2000, Vol. 80 Issue 11, p6
Comments on the significance of inspections and maintenance of sewer systems in Southern, California. Contribution of pipe breakage to huge amounts of human waste pollution; Recommendation on a sewage rate hike for the inspection payments; Cost of the pipe inspection.
- What's news and what's not. // Underground Construction;Oct97, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the repair of a sewer pipe at the University of Texas in Austin. Observations on the pipe's deteriorating condition; Approach used in repairing the pipe.
- InterCon Tackles Long Florida Crossing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p35
Focuses on InterCon Construction's installation of a force-main sewer pipe beneath the Matanzas River in St. Augustine, Florida. Horizontal directional drilling; Logistics of mobilizing equipment on the job site; Placement of high density polyethylene pipe inside the steel pipe.
- A decision support system for rehabilitation of sewer pipes. Shehab-Eldeen, Tariq; Moselhi, Osama // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p394
The condition of sewer pipes in North America has severely deteriorated, over the last few decades, creating a need for rehabilitation. Sewer rehabilitation methods are numerous and are constantly being developed, benefiting from emerging technologies. The implementation of these methods is...
- CLEAN THOSE PIPES. Romeo, Jim // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jan2005, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p68
Presents information on the evolution of sewer and drain cleaning technology. Specifications of drainage pipe in 1882; Invention of the food waste disposal; Demand for drain cleaning.
- Sliplining Solves Sewer Leaking Problems. // WaterWorld;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the benefit of a sliplining installation technique used ina sewer renewal project in Evansville, Indiana. Maintenance of the flow capacity and structural integrity of the sewers; Specifications for the sliplining installation.
- Sewer rehabilitation strategy in Berlin. Jacobi, D.; Sympher, K.-J. // Water Science & Technology;2002, Vol. 46 Issue 6/7, p379
Reports on the sewer rehabilitation strategy in Berlin, Germany. Consideration of hydraulic performance, environmental impact and structural integrity of complete catchment areas; Integration of economic aspects with a cost-benefit-analysis; Examination of the significance of the remaining...
- A trenchless triumph in Lancashire. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p20
The article deals with the use of a trenchless technique by contractor VJ Donegans Civil Engineering in the installation of a drainage pipe as part of a flood alleviation scheme being undertaken by United Utilities (UU) in Blackburn, Lancashire, England. Known as the Blackburn UIDs, the...