What's news and what's not
- Sliplining Solves Sewer Leaking Problems. // WaterWorld;Jan2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the benefit of a sliplining installation technique used ina sewer renewal project in Evansville, Indiana. Maintenance of the flow capacity and structural integrity of the sewers; Specifications for the sliplining installation.
- NO MORE OVERFLOWS. Dayton, Scottie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Aug2010, p26
The article focuses on the efforts of the El Toro Water District in Lake Forest, California to clean up roots, calcium deposits and inflow to avoid sanitary sewer overflows (SSOs) in its eight-mile long waterways. It relates that the maintenance crews of the district open-cut and replaced the...
- LMK Receives Patent for No-Dig CIPP Lateral Lining. // Cleaner;Jul2008, p106
The article focuses on the U.S. patent given to the CIPP lateral lining through a cleanout without the need for digging or cutting from LMK Enterprises Inc., in July 2008. It is stated that lining is positioned within a translucent bladder, vacuum impregnated and inverted through the cleanout....
- Products & services feature: Pipe installation & repairs. // WaterWorld;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p31
Introduces a variety of products used in the installation and repair of drainage pipes. Includes striped piping systems; Epoxy lining system; Pipe plugs; Multi-frequency locator.
- SIX-YEAR-OLD FREEWAY NEEDS FIX. Rosta, Paul // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/03/99, Vol. 242 Issue 17, p14
Discusses repairs of the drainage system beneath the Century Freeway in Los Angeles, California. Causes of the drainage problem cited by officials; Drainage problems in the late 1960s; Ways that might have avoided the problem.
- Integrated modelling for the evaluation of infiltration effects. Schulz, N.; Baur, R.; Krebs, P. // Water Science & Technology;2005, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p215
The objective of the present study is the estimation of the potential benefits of sewer pipe rehabilitation for the performance of the drainage system and the wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) as well as for the receiving water quality. The relation of sewer system status and the infiltration...
- @mswmag.com. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Feb2015, p14
The article offers U.S. sewer and water news briefs as of February 1, 2015. Topics discussed include impact of major storms along the East Coast on New Jersey's South Monmouth Regional Sewerage Authority pumping stations, use of advanced metering system and a water usage tracking tool for...
- Let Mother Nature help. Creamer, John // Public Works;Feb2009, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the methods of cleaning an underwater and difficult-to-access 36-inch storm pipe in the November 2008 issue.
- Inline Check Valve Protects Museum From Stormwater Flooding. // WaterWorld;Dec2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p29
The article focuses on the installation of a new drainage system to a historic house museum to protect it from stormwater flooding.