Social factors affecting utility construction
- Trenchless keeps traffic moving. // American City & County;Oct95, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p36
Features the use of trenchless technology as cost-effective solutions to both emergency repair and regular maintenance without completely shutting down traffic flow in Chicago, Illinois. Trenchless pipeline reconstruction using cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP); Inversion process; CIPP's properties...
- Trenchless helps Virginia town avoid parking problems. // American City & County;Feb96, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p63
Reports on the use of trenchless technology to replace sanitary sewer lines in a commercial and residential area in Vienna, Virginia. Benefits of the method; Details of the rehabilitation; Installation of corrosion-proof pipe.
- Contractor combines pipe ramming with directional drilling. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p29
Describes the trenchless construction strategy used by D&K Horizontal Drilling. Incorporation of a pipe ramming tool when performing directional drilling bores; Procedures performed to complete the process.
- Gaining social, PR benefits from trenchless. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Oct97, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the practice of trenchless construction and rehabilitation in the United States. Benefits of trenchless technologies; Overview of the trenchless process; Public awareness on trenchless construction; Case studies on cities using trenchless technology. INSETS: Cookies?...
- DON'T MISS. // Utility Week;9/5/2014, p30
A calendar of events for Great Britain in September 2014 is presented which includes the NO-DIG LIVE 2014 biennial trenchless technology exhibition, and the West Midlands HAUC16th Annual Roadshow.
- Israel replaces Palestinians. Sandler, Neal // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/25/94, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the plan of the Israel government of admitting 15000 workers from Europe in its effort to cut its dependence on Palestinian labor force. Problem of Israeli contractors and homebuilders of finding workers due to the closing of the borders on West Bank and Gaza Strip; Ban on...
- We all have to do a better job to attract the next generation of phc contractors. Miodonski, Bob // Contractor Magazine;May94, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p74
Editorial. Discusses the need for plumbing-heating-cooling contractors to promote the industry to young people. Survey on how young people rate construction-related jobs; Plan to form National Center for Construction Education and Research.
- Planning underway for NASTT's 2015 No-Dig Show. // Canadian Underground Infrastructure;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p44
The article offers information on the trade show and conference titled "2015 No-Dig Show" organised by the North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT) to be held in Denver, Colorado from March 15-19, 2015.
- San Diego To Host WESTT No-Dig. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Aug2015, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p28
The article focuses on the 11th Western Regional No-Dig Conference & Exhibition hosted by the Western Society for Trenchless Technology (WESTT) in San Diego, California on October 26-27, 2015 with focus on addressing problems concerning construction and management of underground utilities.