CIGMAT conference held in Houston
- Grouting in today's construction/rehab environment. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p30
Discusses grouting in underground construction and trenchless rehabilitation. Sealing with grout in construction; Chemical grouts; Modern grouting procedures; Planning as the key to cost-effective permanent grouting.
- Porky's Hole Thoughts: Professionalism and Grouting. Cutter, Howard // National Driller;Feb2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The aritcle focuses on regulations set for grouting in the U.S.
- CIGMAT conference draws city, state planners. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr98, Vol. 225 Issue 4, p4
Highlights the University of Houston's Center for Innovative Grouting Materials and Technology's (CIGMAT) 1998 conference and exhibition.
- Shaft alignment beings with proper groutings. Swanekamp, Robert // Power;Jun95, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p108
Features the report entitled `Reliable Grouting Methods for Major Rotating Equipment,' by Tom Priest of Koch Corrosion Control Co. of Houston, Texas. Importance of properly grouting machinery foundations.
- Grout expectations. // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr97, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p95
Presents tips in grout purchasing. Availability of colored grouts; Cost.
- A Parting Shot. // National Driller;Nov2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p59
A photograph of Matheson Heating & Air Conditioning Inc. crew members who are grouting vertical geothermal borings is presented.
- Technical solutions. // Stone World;Apr95, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p38
Offers tips on how to remove chunks of cured grout from a stone floor installation that has been sealed. Process description; Refinishing requirement; Difficulty in removing chunks of grout; Equipment to use; Removal of sealer.
- Get to know your grout. Babcock, Britt N. // Public Works;Spring2013, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p68
The article offers information on the use of several types of grout. It states that there are just two categories of grout for stopping leaks, stabilizing soil, and controlling water in sewer and water pipelines, which is cement and chemical. It mentions that sodium silicates are...
- 2009 permeation test results for grouts made with ultrafine cements. Henn, Raymond W.; Siljenberg, Benny // Mining Engineering;Dec2009, Vol. 61 Issue 12, Special section p28
The article focuses on the results of the 2009 demonstration and testing of the grout penetration made with ultrafine cements in the sand columns, which was held in Broomfield, Colorado on June 25. The aim of the sand column demonstration is mentioned. The 2009 demonstration used a model...