Possible changes to corrosion regulations
- Laser-based gas sensors keep moisture out of pipelines. // Offshore;Sept2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p130
The article presents information on the advantages of laser-based gas sensors in non-contact measurements of moisture, carbon dioxide, and other corrosives in natural gas pipelines. The possible consequences of moisture in natural gas pipelines include pipeline corrosion, long-term...
- NDT INFO. // Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring;Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p59
The article presents a list of several research on non-destructive testing which include "Creating the Software to Meet Tomorrow's NDT Needs," by T. Brugger, "Developing a New Course on Applied Non-Destructive Testing," by T. F. Lukach, "Corrosion Monitoring in the Shelf and Underwater...
- Costly fallout from corrosion. Raleigh, Patrick // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p37
The article reports on the demand for pipeline corrosion monitoring technologies and anticorrosives in Great Britain. Corrosion-related pipeline failure costs vary in the petroleum industry, paper products industry, and public utilities. Honeywell's SmartCET system uses electrochemical noise...
- Corrosion Monitoring And Simulation Using SCADA. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar2008, Vol. 235 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses the significance of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems in monitoring corrosion of pipelines in the U.S. The integration of SCADA in corrosion detection, monitoring and prevention systems has became more feasible among operators. With SCADA, operators...
- Pipe coating applicators. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov93, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p48
Lists companies who render pipe coating services for gas pipelines.
- Non-intrusive system monitors corrosion for Shell and BHP. // Offshore;Aug95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p142
Features CorrOcean's Field Signature Method (FSM), a maintainance-free system for monitoring corrosion and other forms of deterioration in pipelines. Shell's purchase of the system; FSM Installations; Benefit of the FSM system; Functions of CorrOcean's sand monitoring system.
- What's new in corrosion control. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar96, Vol. 223 Issue 3, p52
Presents equipment and supplies for the control of pipeline corrosion. Includes pigging systems; Protective coatings; Cathodic protection; Sealants.
- Corrosion-induced damage raises serious implications. Kane, Russell D.; Cayard, Michael S. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun97, Vol. 224 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on assessing corrosion-induced damage (CID) in pipeline rehabilitation. Types of deterioration in pipelines; Comparison between fitness-for-service method and pipeline corrosion damage; Impact of localized corrosion on pipeline integrity; Chemicals that may be used in the inhibition...
- Simple laser-based pipeline corrosion assessment system. Bruce, W.A.; Yapp, D. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar97, Vol. 224 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the development and use of a simple laser-based system for accurately and efficiently measuring and assessing corrosion damage on the external surface of exposed pipeline. Techniques for identifying corrosion damage; Commercial application of the system.