Major fiber-optic project announced
- Rolling out the future. Ransdell, Eric // U.S. News & World Report;8/12/96, Vol. 121 Issue 6, p47
Focuses on the Williams Companies, an Oklahoma-based enterprise that continues to reinvent itself. Move from oil pipelines to a cutting-edge fiber-optic network; Comments by CEO Keith Bailey; Expansion of digital video business; Acquisitions; Partnerships; Fiscal data on the company.
- STEALTH FOE on the FIBER FRONTIER. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;05/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on telecommunication company Touch America in the United States (U.S.). Corporate principle of Touch America; Challenges faced by Touch America in its plan to dominate the fiber optic network in the U.S.; Significance of the purchase of the long distance optic network of the company...
- Editor's Notebook. Share, Jeff // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 229 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the problems faced by the pipeline and gas industry in the United States. Benefits of the auction arranged by energy company Enron Corp. for the company; Impact of the 2000 energy crisis on the supply capacity of energy company El Paso Corp.; Consequences of not supplying enough...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p116
Reports on news and developments concerning the energy industry. Enel's expansion plans through the acquisiiton of a United States share in a Bulgarian power station; Cost-cutting plans of RWE; U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's imposition of fine on Williams over allegations that it...
- The Montana Power Company perspective. Gannon, Bob // Montana Business Quarterly;Autumn93, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p11
Discusses the Montana Power Co.'s rationale for acquiring electric resources through demand-side management and conservation. Increasing loads and obligation to serve them; Shrinking resource base; Integrated resource planning; Programs.
- Montana Power Shifts From Electricity Trading To Telecommunications. // Electric Light & Power;Oct98, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p34
Reports on Montana Power's growth strategies to become a national provider of telecommunications services by year 2000. Expansion of the fiber optic network; Use of national fiber network to market and sell energy and energy-related products and services.
- Montana Power Co. doubles net income. // Coal Age;Sep96, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p29
Reports on the Montana Power Company's net income for the second quarter ending June 30, 1996 as compared to the same period in 1995. Increase in utility earnings; What power-supply cost reductions resulted from; Details on non-utility operations at the company.
- Montana Power to sell complete generating assets. // Coal Age;Mar1998, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p24
Reports on Montana Power Company's plans to sell its entire electricity-generating infrastructure. Book value of the generating assets; Why the assets are being sold.
- Proposed refinery dies aborning. Emond, Mark // National Petroleum News;Mar95, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p18
Reports on Williams Cos.' cancellation of its plan to construct a gasoline refinery near Phoenix, Ariz. Cost estimate of the planned refinery; Comments of Keith Bailey, Williams' chairman, president and chief executive officer, concerning the capitalization required in refinery construction;...