One-call notification bill
- Pressure increases to repeal N.Y.'s separate bid law. // Contractor Magazine;Aug93, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p66
Focuses on the efforts to repeal New York state's Wicks Law which requires separate bidding for major subcontractors on public construction projects. Setting up of protection for all subcontractors; Conflicting results of two studies on the advantages and disadvantages of the law.
- ENR Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p7
Reports on laws and legislation concerning the construction industry in the United States. Funding increases that will be given highways and new transit starts in fiscal 1996 under a House-Senate conference agreement on the transportation appropriations bill which; Inadequate funding for a...
- Firms list federal priorities. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/30/95, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p17
Reports on the results of a survey that rated federal legislation on its benefits to the construction industry. Percentage of firms surveyed that said reinstating the investment tax credit would have a positive impact on the industry; Grant Thornton, a Chicago, Illinois-based accounting and...
- Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/10/96, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p9
No abstract available.
- Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sheri; Rubin, Debra // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/20/98, Vol. 240 Issue 16, p9
Presents news briefs relating to the construction industry in the United States with reference to legislation. Focus of the Department of Energy's Comprehensive National Energy Strategy; Information on the Water Resources Development Act 1998; Benefit of the Taxpayer Confidentiality Act to...
- Washington observer. Ichniowski, Tom; Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/31/98, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p9
Presents news updates on construction legislation in the United States (US). Veto threats issued by US President Bill Clinton on the Senate or House versions of the 1999 appropriations bill; Approval of a measure to extend the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) airport construction grant...
- Construction industry AIEs: Problems of contract interpretation and solutions. Steckman, Lawrence A.; Cleary Jr., James J. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p78
Discusses the recurring problems arising in construction industry declaratory litigation seeking judicial interpretations of additional insured endorsements (AIEs). Advantages and disadvantages of AIEs; Recurring issues in additional insured cases; Problems in standard AIE clauses; Reviewing...
- Builders say paperwork sinks 1983 hiring directive. Goodin, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p10
Focuses on the obstacle to Sheltered Market Ordinance regarding the small businesses of Detroit, Michigan. Obstacle posed by Executive Order 22; Information about Finance Directive 134; Problem of paperwork.
- Fighting for tanning rights of working people everywhere. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p2A
Reports that the US House approved a McIntosh-sponsored amendment that prevents the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration from fining construction companies whose employees wear short pants and short-sleeved shirts for summer road work. Benefits to workers.